Information for Members wanting POLSAF passes

Previous Years Blackpool and Layton AC information

Moderator: sparky

spudgun
Reel Master

Re: Information for Members wanting POLSAF passes

Postby spudgun » Sat Jan 15, 2011 11:22 pm

rikstowell wrote:thanks for the info, not interested in discounts i just want to fish. i do have deep comitments to work regarding a difficult shift pattern and this can mean me not being on line for a few days or not being able to fish for up to 3 weeks. i'm not just using your club to gain a permit to seaforth but it is very difficult for ordinary anglers to get a permit and i find it totally unfair that anyone should have to pay out fees to join clubs that they won't be able to honour commitments to, that's not fair on the angler or the club. clubs should pressure the docks to allow anglers to get a permit regardless of club membership, it's kind of elitist when you think about it. i will try to post as often as i can and to be as consrtuctive as possible, but we used to fish the docks for free and now through rediculus security rules anglers such as myself are exempt from fishing a great venue. i hope there is food for thought here and i'm sorry if you feel offended by my comments. fishing should be a pleasure, not a chore or a worry. tight lines everyone.

You don't have to join a club if you buy your own insurance. :idea:
Even Mindless Violence Seems Boring Today.

Species caught this year:

Gadus morhua
Merlangius merlangus
Limanda limanda
Scyliorhinus canicula
Pthirus pubis
Chlamydia trachomatis

Dave Kam
The one and only. SHREK!

Postby Dave Kam » Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:50 am

rikstowell wrote:thanks for the info, not interested in discounts i just want to fish. i do have deep comitments to work regarding a difficult shift pattern and this can mean me not being on line for a few days or not being able to fish for up to 3 weeks. i'm not just using your club to gain a permit to seaforth but it is very difficult for ordinary anglers to get a permit and i find it totally unfair that anyone should have to pay out fees to join clubs that they won't be able to honour commitments to, that's not fair on the angler or the club. clubs should pressure the docks to allow anglers to get a permit regardless of club membership, it's kind of elitist when you think about it. i will try to post as often as i can and to be as consrtuctive as possible, but we used to fish the docks for free and now through rediculus security rules anglers such as myself are exempt from fishing a great venue. i hope there is food for thought here and i'm sorry if you feel offended by my comments. fishing should be a pleasure, not a chore or a worry. tight lines everyone.

That was not a dig at you, I get numerous phone calls regarding POLSAF and the discount WSF members get also asking all sorts of questions and if they looked here it would have saved them a phone call :D :D :D :D :D

The main problem is the Insurance, POLSAF require you to have a minimum of 5 MILLION POUNDS Public Liability Insurance and the easiest way is to join a club that has that amount, as we do :D :D :D
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:55 pm

http://polsaf.co.uk/membership/

If you look on the POLSAF website, then you can either be a member of an affiliated club or join as a personal member. Personal members still need Public Liability Insurance. It is not difficult at all, you just get your own insurance ( there are loads of ways of doing this, easiest is to join one of the Sea Angling Federations as a personal member -- but is this much different from joining an angling club anyway ? ) then apply to POLSAF direct and pay them a personal membership for a permit.

Options :

Join a club, pay for a Permit to the club, will cost you £ 15 - £ 30 ( depending on the club membership fees ).

Join as a private member, will cost you £ 20 for a Permit + insurance ( however much you want to imagine - £ 10 for a personal membership of Welsh Fed of Sea Anglers http://www.wfsa.org.uk/pm%20application.htm )
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

Return to “BLAS Archive”