WSA/BLAS - POLSAF and Dock Permits New Section

Previous Years Blackpool and Layton AC information

Moderator: sparky

Shacky
Team BLAS

WSA/BLAS - POLSAF and Dock Permits New Section

Postby Shacky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:37 pm

This new section has been added for the benefit of the WSA Members, which is now in conjunction with BLAS. All questions about the Dock Permits and POLSAF will be dealt with here. JP will be the man with the answers ;)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

stuartmcnair
The Original Armchair

Re: WSA/BLAS - POLSAF and Dock Permits New Section

Postby stuartmcnair » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:03 pm

Does this mean that members of BLAS can get permits using BLAS as the club / insurance?

And on a more lazy note: If this is so can someone post details in this section on what we need to do, photo's, address blah blah blah - you know the score - i think JP has posted it elsewhere so may you could copy it into here Jon please :)

And (as Columbo would say) "Just one more thing"... if enough BLAS people get permits might we have matches here?
Stu .....Turbot King
Check out my weblog at: http://seafishingandwalking.co.uk

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:12 pm

John Petersen wrote:Blackpool & Layton Angling Society has become a member of POLSAF.

BLAS has Public Liability Insurance, AGMs, Meetings, Matches and has been an angling club since 1905.

We have had everything in place for over 100 years.

WSA was only really formed to allow WSF users to get access to Liverpool Docks. There might have been other reasons, but this is what it turned into, there wasn't really any infrastructure in place for a 'virtual club' , I only got involved as the POLSAF rep as nobody else could make the meetings.

SO, this is what BLAS propose.

All fully paid up members of WSA can immediately become members of BLAS -- no extra fees are needed.

We will collect the £ 5 for your POLSAF passes from WSA ( if you have already paid it ) and sort out your new pass for you.

From next year if you wish, you can renew at the same £ 10 rate and be a member of BLAS, as a WSA-BLAS member -- your membership fees will be used as now, to go towards the running of WSF, BLAS will donate your membership money towards WSF server costs. If you want a POLSAF permit you pay the additional fee as now. This is expected to stay the same as this year, but if POLSAF put the price up, we would too, as would WSA.

What does this mean to WSA members ?

Well if all you want to do is fish the docks, then nothing, you can still just fish the docks, BLAS does not have ANY special requirements or need you to do anything -- the only difference you see is you will get a BLAS membership card and BLAS on your POLSAF permit instead of WSA.

If you want to fish for some silverware, many of them with names of winners back to the 1920's and 1930's then you can fish the BLAS sea matches as any BLAS member can, including, if you fish enough matches, the cash prize matches of XMAS cup ( £ 20 winner, £15 second, £ 10 third ) or Stewards match ( £ 20, 15, 10 ) again -- you could win back the money you have already paid for nothing.

OK, some of you might already be BLAS members, we will sort this out next year, but you will end up saving next year as you will not need to join WSA to get a dock permit.

I hope you can understand the reasons behind this.
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

stuartmcnair
The Original Armchair

Postby stuartmcnair » Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:25 pm

so a POLSAF permit is a fiver yeah?
Stu .....Turbot King

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:42 pm

stuartmcnair wrote:so a POLSAF permit is a fiver yeah?

£5 to renew your permit...think it`s £10 for your first one but things may have changed.
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass...Cod

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:33 pm

It's £ 5 for renewal or new.

This could change soon though as the new 'smart' cards are £ 10 cost to POLSAF from Peel Ports/MDHCo.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

stuartmcnair
The Original Armchair

Postby stuartmcnair » Tue Aug 17, 2010 2:59 pm

So I supply you with a tenner, a photo and some details (aaddy, car etc) and BLAS sort out the rest? that seems a bit of an oops for you guys although great for me :) is that right?
Stu .....Turbot King

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:06 pm

So do I now send my money for a new pass to you JP or Mick Mac as it makes more sense to join BLAS when are the membership fees due ???

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:07 pm

stuartmcnair wrote:So I supply you with a tenner, a photo and some details (aaddy, car etc) and BLAS sort out the rest? that seems a bit of an oops for you guys although great for me :) is that right?

No , that's wrong.

You supply us with a tenner, we send your details off to POLSAF, they give us a receipt for your two memberships. You get the receipt off us, then you make an appointment with the docks, take yourselves down there -- you get your photo taken and get a pass. You show your vehicle documents and you get a car pass.

Then when you need to renew, you pay us £ 5 each, we tell POLSAF you have renewed, pay them your money, they send us loads of new cards for us to give out.

To be honest, it is not as complicated as it sounds, but WSA where not geared up to organise it, it was much easier for WSA when all we had to do was give you a membership card and you sort it all out with The Docks.

Hence why BLAS took it over as we do things like collect memberships and re-distribute wealth to pond owners, insurance companies, pond managers, printing places, etc.

I just need to sort some time this week to get things organized.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

stuartmcnair
The Original Armchair

Postby stuartmcnair » Tue Aug 17, 2010 3:58 pm

Thanks JP - sorry to be a pain - I'll shut up now until stuff is sorted at your end (oo-er)
Stu .....Turbot King

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Tue Aug 17, 2010 5:07 pm

Ozzie wrote: it makes more sense to join BLAS when are the membership fees due ???

Whenever you want to join :)

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:59 am

Ozzie wrote:So do I now send my money for a new pass to you JP or Mick Mac as it makes more sense to join BLAS when are the membership fees due ???

the membership fee that you have paid WSA will be transferred over to BLAS and you will get a BLAS membership card, in order to get your pass for the docks you need to pay BLAS the £5.00 to do so, once the Once BLAS have confirmed current WSA members have been issued with new BLAS memberships cards then WSA will cease to exist and all of the related sections on the forum will be removed.

stuartmcnair
The Original Armchair

Postby stuartmcnair » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:29 am

and all of the related sections on the forum will be removed

why not just move them to the BLAS section Chris?
Stu .....Turbot King

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:39 am

stuartmcnair wrote:
and all of the related sections on the forum will be removed

why not just move them to the BLAS section Chris?

will do Stu, but no use adding confusion just yet, best let BLAS do all they need to do first :D

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:50 am

Can I have the address to my money to for the dock passes then pretty please

Return to “BLAS Archive”