May Newsletter

Previous Years Blackpool and Layton AC information

Moderator: sparky

Dave Kam
The one and only. SHREK!

May Newsletter

Postby Dave Kam » Fri May 09, 2008 11:02 am

[size=150]Dear member,

Once again it seems that some of you are not receiving your newsletter, I can assure you that they are being sent out to the address that I have on file. The closing date for renewing your memberships has passed, but as some of you have not received notification of this, we have extended the dateline till the end of May for you to rejoin, also just in case, there will be a number of extra newsletters left at some of the tackle shops, Blackpool Angling on Church Street, Noah’s Ark in Poulton and Anglers World on Preston Old Road, just ask for one,

Towards the end of last year, sadly one of our life members, Dave Greenwood passed away, Dave was an accomplished angler, Sea, freshwater and trout and did especially well on the match circuit, fishing for Blackpool & Layton and other local clubs. Dave’s family have passed onto Blackpool & Layton numerous amounts of fishing tackle, these will be available to members only, at the meeting in November. Vicky, Dave’s Daughter will be at the meeting with a book that details Dave’s fishing experiences and achievements, there are some well known local people and some of the pictures of the fish are outstanding, many of our older members will, I am sure, find this book very interesting indeed, I know I did!!

We will be desilting the ponds at Moss House in the very near future, all we need is some decent weather, as such, the ponds here will be closed some time in the near future, probably for a few weeks, the pond management team will display the notices at the ponds

This year we will be using the No1 pond at Thistleton for some of the evening matches, so this pond will be closed for fishing on the following dates
Tuesday 27th May, Tuesday the 10th June, Tuesday 24th June and Tuesday 1st July, the other matches are at Rawcliffe on Tuesday 3rd June, Tuesday 17th June, Tuesday 8th July and Tuesday 15th July
If anyone wants to fish any of these matches please contact Paul Savage at paulsav789@yahoo.co.uk to book on. All this and more information is on our website: www.blasonline.com

Once again we are getting an increase of the amount of litter left behind at the ponds, included in this litter are bags of groundbait and tins of all sorts, can I please remind members that groundbait is not allowed on ANY of the club waters, and NO TINS of any sort to be taken onto the club waters also, this does include tins of alcohol, soft drinks and sweetcorn etc. Anyone seen leaving any litter will be dealt with severely, up to and including expulsion from the Society, so please make sure that you always take any litter away with you

Towards the end of the year, we are hoping to be able get some more fish for the ponds at Puddlehouse, further information will be available at the meeting in November

All freshwater members are automatically members of the Seawater section, so if anyone wants to do some sea fishing they are more than welcome to come along to any of the sea matches, all sea matches are on our website, or you can also find the matches and match results with pictures, along with loads of other information on www.wirralseafishing.co.uk, where there is a huge amount of help and advice for anyone who is thinking of starting up

The website www.blasonline.com has been set up for your benefit, everything to do with Blackpool & Layton Angling Society is on there, but the main part for all members is the “Forumâ€
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

Return to “BLAS Archive”