The one and only. SHREK!

Newsletter, November 07

Postby Dave Kam » Fri Nov 23, 2007 3:00 pm

Dave Kam

blas_newsletter@yahoo.co.uk

www.blasonline.com

Dear member,

Next meeting: Monday 10th December, Cliffs Hotel, Queens Promenade
Match sheets and membership renewals from 7.30pm meeting starts at 8pm, Christmas presentation, sea and freshwater, will commence after the meeting

We now have a brand new website address, there is also a forum on this new website so you can add things to it that you want to, pictures, stories, news etc, please make good use of it, you will have to register onto the forum, but it only takes a minute or two. The new web address is: www.blasonline.com All match results are here along with match reports and club info and updates

Memberships are now available, and anyone who can’t renew at the December meeting can renew at the tackle shops, Blackpool Angling Centre have the card stickers so if you rejoin there you can do so straight away, we are hoping that we can do this at the other tackle shops shortly. The last date for renewals will be at the AGM, which next year will be held in March, details will be in the January Newsletter

With regards to the money left over from the freshwater matches 2006, everyone that rejoined in 2007 and fished a minimum of 10 matches in 2006 will receive a complimentary membership for 2008, for those that are Life members, they will receive a monetary refund, the amount will be worked out once all the complimentary memberships have been done

The Pond Management team will be asking for some help in 2008 from members, further details will be given out after the AGM. If anyone wants to join the team, please let me know and I will forward your details onto the team

There will be a different format to the freshwater matches next season, there will only be two sections instead of the three and the points are yet to be decided, match fees will stay the same, £10, which includes pools, anyone who doesn’t want to enter into the pools will only pay the appropriate peg fee, there may be an optional super pool on the day. Again this year, to book onto any matches you have to pay a £10 deposit, but however, this year, should you fail to give at least 7 days notice that you cannot attend any match you are booked onto you will lose your £10, and you will have to pay another £10 at your next match, the only exception to this will be ill health, this will be rigorously enforced by the Freshwater Committee this year. Please remember this when booking onto any matches, also, the only person you can book on or off matches will be Colin Goodwin, his number is 07831178667. We have had to do this due to the number of members that booked onto the matches and just didn’t turn up, denying other members the chance to fish and in turn this costs the Society money in peg fees we have to pay for. There may be some losses next year and to compensate this we will be holding a number of raffles at the matches, all money raised at these raffles will be solely used for the freshwater match section, should any monies be left over, this will go towards the Christmas match. I have enclosed a freshwater match list along with this newsletter, once you have rejoined you can ask for a match booking on list, these will be available at the meeting on the 12th December and again at the AGM

We have also cut down on the number of pegs we have booked at the venues for the freshwater matches, so the sooner you hand your list to Colin the better, we do have an option to increase the number of pegs, but only at a few of the venues

We have again increased the number of sea members, again this was due to the support of the website: www.wirralseafishing.co.uk and Chris Douglas of Moreton Angling Centre, who has promoted the Society through his tackle shop on the Wirral. We hold many of our matches in conjunction with Wirralseafishing, all over the North West and Wales, and will be doing so again next year, a full match list be made available at the AGM. All full members are automatically members of the sea section and don’t have to book to fish any of the sea matches. We have a meeting place at all the matches and all you have to do is turn up, these matches are normally up to 4 hrs and are very friendly, with plenty of help at hand if you need it, both on the website and the matches. Iain Shackleton will be sorting out the matches, with Brendan O’Toole and myself

The matches we have left for this year are:

Sun...25th Nov...Rossall Hospital...17.00 to 21.00...L/W@18.00...32.2ft…J.L.Rogers Cup. (WORM ONLY, meet at the Hospital car park at 4:15pm

Sat...1st Dec...North Wall...14.15 to 18.15...H/W@16.10...26.6ft...Christmas Cup + Over 50s, meet at the boating pool at 1.30pm.

For meeting points on the below matches contact me, on 01253 310034, all these matches are held in conjunction with Wirralseafishing

Sun...9th Dec...Vale Park...14.30 to 18.30...L/W...2nd Don Nicholson Cup +.WSF Winter League.

Sun...16th Dec..Otterspool...11.30 to 15.30...H/W.Chairmans Cup +.WSF Winter League.

Sun...23rd Dec..Perch Rock...13.30 to 17.30...L/W... Away Cup+.WSF Winter League.

Work will be starting shortly on the ponds at Moss House, due to the cows in the field treading on all the pallets, the management team have decided that the best way to do this is to have solid pegs and cover them with stone, this will be sorted out in the new year and I would think if anyone could help with this it would again be greatly appreciated, we are also making some enquiries in regards to digging out the moss house ponds to get rid of all the silt, depending on costs will see if we can do this

Meetings:2007
Monday 10th December 2007 Christmas presentation night

Meetings 2008

Monday 17th March 2008 AGM and presentation night
Monday 17th November 2008, ordinary Meeting
Monday 15th December 2008, Christmas meeting and Presentation
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:48 pm

:roll: :roll: forum not working dave
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

lee1317
The Invisible Man

Postby lee1317 » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:11 pm

it is for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Image BISH BASH BOSH IVE HAD ENOUGH
latex it's the future

Dave Kam
The one and only. SHREK!

Postby Dave Kam » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 pm

svenbren wrote::roll: :roll: forum not working dave

it is for the 4 that are registered :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

iain
Obsessed Poster

Postby iain » Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:32 pm

svenbren wrote::roll: :roll: forum not working dave

I've registered tonight :!: :?: :idea:

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:10 pm

;) think i got on thought it was you lot not letting me in :lol: :lol:
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Return to “BLAS Archive”