12/03/17..Gynn Wall..Ordinary Match.

Previous Years Blackpool and Layton AC information

Moderator: sparky

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:31 pm

I met up with Cosierat at St Stephens, then Millsy appeared out of his car. Waited for others to turn up, no one. So we headed down to our venue.
Paul was set up and fishing and we duly took our places. JaguarBob also brought along his rods.
Our line of anglers, setting up..

Today the sun was out, so i had to set up the sunset to stretch it's legs, until high water. Beyond me were the FDAC boys having their club match..

Millsy and Cosierat catching up on the gab..

The session began, i decided to lob over the wall into the shallow stuff. Went for a natter with the chaps. I must of left it out quite a while.
Returned to re-cast and something was pulling at the other end..

Same again, plopped the baits in, just beyond the slope of the wall. A second bite and a second result..

Bob watching his rods, while an admirer was eyeing the jag..

Things went downhill rapidly after the second fish, bites were very hard to come by. A couple of the FDAC guys hit the same stamp of fish. Paul was committed to the cause..

Base camp..

By high tide light rain showers had arrived and a faint rainbow appeared over my rod..

The Yuki came out on the ebb, hoping i would have better luck with it..

To be honest no one was catching as far as i could see. The fishing had come to a halt..

Then....someone shouts Millsy's got a fish. "No way" i said. The BLAS Blankmeister had certainly caught, with a flat agonisingly close to 31cm..This was no fluke either..it was a plaice..

The other match finished and left us with a barren landscape..

The mob continued to the bitter end..

One for Sharpey..! The Eiffel tower topless.. :o

We was done..Dejected we packed up and were just loading our cars. Jagbob managed a palm full of spots. Now that is leaving it to the death..

All our fish had been caught on fresh blackworm and of course small hooks. The surprise today had been the most species caught were plaice. Never known that before.

This is also the last match i will be running for BLAS, as i have give them 10+ years (it's been fun) and it's time for new blood to take the reins and give us some nice picture filled reports. Good Luck...whoever you may be :thumbsup:

Result..
1st...Shacky....48cm..10pts
2nd..Millsy.......30cm...7pts
Cosierat 1pt
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: 12/03/17..Gynn Wall..Ordinary Match.

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:43 pm

Great report Shacky and well done for all you've done for BLAS. :clap: :clap: It was good to see Shergar showing up.......and catching. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:54 pm

I doubt anyone will fill your shoes in that role Iain, and unfortunately it's the same in every club . Well done and good luck with whatever is next

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Well done on the win always good to finish on a high. Whoever is to take over I am sure you will give them some advice

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:44 pm

You`ll be greatly missed Shacky laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....you`ve done a great job for many years and kept BLAS going :clap: :clap:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:21 pm

You've left colossal sized boots to fill there Iain! Hugely commendable service given to BLAS over such a long period, and gifted in the ability to write interesting reports of sometimes dire matches :lol:

Take a bow Shacky, you've done yourself proud!
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “BLAS Archive”