Bala 1/7/17

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Sapper McMan !!!

Bala 1/7/17

Postby Shaun1118 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:51 pm

The alarm sounded at 4am, then at 4:15 and again at 4:20, then 4:25 and much to the dismay of my better half once again at 4:30 before I dragged myself out of bed. The van was already loaded so after a quick bowl of cereal and a coffee I was on the road... Bala bound. I've not fished it much this year but I was looking forward to getting back.

I've never targeted Perch on there before, I always figured it wouldn't be worth the effort but decided to give it a go just in case I was missing out.

100 yards out from the launch I had a Perch followed by two more of the same size, the session had started off nicely. They where spread out and hard work so I moved to try locate a tighter shoal and hopefully some better fish.

Might aswel bang the Pike rods out while I'm on the move

Pike 1

Pike 2

Pike 3

Bait shoals where thin on the ground but I found one I thought was worth a shot. I picked off a small Perch first drop then wasted half a hour. Further down the lake I located some small scattered shoals so sent the jig out to investigate. I had a rattle which confirmed the presence of my intended quarry so down went the drop shot. The wind really picked up and made staying on the fish difficult but I worked away and managed to pluck a few out including a perch of 40cm before the sun came out and dried things up.

I pressed on stopping off to fish likely looking structure and shoals, I was still catching a few fish but they where hard won. I located a dense bait ball in a small trench so I hammered away underneath and I was rewarded with many small perch, I upped the lure size but couldn't get through the sub 1lb fish so moved on.

Almost 2 miles had passed and I was ready to call it a day before I found another spot that I felt deserved attention but by now the wind was really howling and the waves where building. It was going to put my boatmanship to the test but I had a feeling it would be worth it. Bait was scattered all over and I was confident something was working them. I sent down the drop shot rig and set about learning how to finesse fish in a washing machine. Half a hour later I felt like a was wasting my time when I somehow felt something 'different'. I love that feeling when you strike and the tip doesn't move, It made a few runs and I was certain it was a jack. A perch emerged and I reached for the net, sown together with a super shad rap it was good for nothing and so I swiftly deployed the grab method.

42cm Perch safely on board.

I kept going for another hour without reward before I sacked it. The crossing back was pretty rough though :P
All in all a good session.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Bala 1/7/17

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:08 pm

The Pike are good but those Perch are something else. :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:59 pm

Well in Shaun, quality as always :clap:

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Obsessed Poster

Postby Brian900 » Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:06 am

cracking bit of fishing, some lovely fish :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “StillWater Reports”