Llandegla 10/04/16

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Llandegla 10/04/16

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:03 am

Last minute decision to fish Llandegla while there was a break in the weather. I was set up by 9.20am on a 3hr ticket.

Fishing was really difficult with sunny, clear blue skies and swirling winds which got worse as the session progressed.

My favoured spot was taken and so I had to find somewhere where I could cast the fly-line without it dying in the wind.

About 2 hrs into the session I had my first take....

There were about 4 other anglers, 3 of which were struggling like myself. The other guy had 3 fish in 4 casts and then couldn't catch a cold for the rest of his session.

I changed fly regularly without success but near the end of my session I tried a very small nymph and it was taken on the drop on my last cast of the day....

Not a red letter day, but you can't beat catching and playing fish on light tackle. :thumbsup:
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Llandegla 10/04/16

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:27 am

Beats catching T-Bag dabs. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Greg Barratt
Headless Angler

Re: Llandegla 10/04/16

Postby Greg Barratt » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 pm

You're in a purple patch, Richie. Well done.
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Greg

If hopes and wishes turned into fishes....

2016 species:(15)
Starry Smoothhound, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Codling, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Dab, 3b Rockling, Dragonet, LSD, Silver Eel, Lobster, Starfish

Return to “StillWater Reports”