Llandegla

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Llandegla

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 10:27 pm

I was supposed to be fishing out of cable bay today but there was a party last night and well yeah :doh: I did get up when the alarm went off but I was in no fit state to drive never mind bobbing around a mile out at sea so gave it a miss.

My bird was getting sick of me walking in front of the Tele like a zombie so I was ordered to go out. I headed for the sanctuary of my man cave where I started the envious task of sorting through my lure collection and picking out a few winners for the trip to Fuerteventura next week, after sorting out a few other bits I was starting to feel better, I don't know if it was the vast amount of coffee or if I was just excited about next weeks trip but fishing was back on the cards.

Fly fishing it was then, I'd got a few new bits anyway and wanted to give them a try before I put my skills to the test in fuerte so it actually worked out quite well... all I needed was the fish to play ball. On arrival things where looking bleak, the ponds had been busy in the morning but only a few fish had been caught with a few anglers blanking. Still I was confident that I could suss it out and get a few fish on the bank and I also had last light to look forward to. I started off working my way around the bottom pool and In the first hour I hadn't even seen an indication of a fish never mind a bite, maybe paying for a 2 fish ticket was overly ambitious :lol:

I spent 5 minutes watching the middle pool hoping to see some fish moving but it was lifeless so I dumped my gear and went for a coffee and bacon butty :thumbsup: I came back with a bit more energy and In the second swim I managed a small rainbow on a white zonker :dance: Things where looking up but it was an isolated event and after doing a full circuit trying to locate fish I was back on the bottom pool. This time I'd managed to get into my favourite spot and after a few casts a well seasoned 4lber was unable to resist the zonkers undulating action, that's tomorrow's tea sorted :dance:

With an hour to go and just two fish to my name I went back onto the middle pool. When light started to fade the fish came on the feed, I took 5 nice sized rainbows in quick succession but you know that feeling you get when even though your catching somethings niggling in the back of your mind so you pack your gear up and walk 200 yards down the beach or you lob it short for no apparent reason? The far bank was calling I don't know why, I couldn't see any activity over there but I had it mapped in my mind that a cast along the bank would see me into a good fish.

Cast, jerky figure of 8 and the line drew tight, the slack was taken followed by the rest of my fly line and I was on the backing, it could only be blue! After several runs and failed escape attempts a 7lb blue trout lay in my net. I was over joyed, I still cant believe how well these fight in comparison to a standard rainbow they are truly something else and I can't wait for my next and my new tackle was well and truly tested 8)
By now darkness was well upon me and the temperature had plummeted, the was ice forming on the line and guides but I decided to continue fishing, next cast along the bank and I was into another decent fish a Rainbow about 6lb. I made a hash of netting it and the leader was trashed so I called it a day, a good day at that!

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Re: Llandegla

Postby Godders123 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:03 am

You'll be on first name terms with those Llandegla trout before long! Well in laaaaa :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Feb 29, 2016 7:12 am

Another good session Shaun. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Greg Barratt
Headless Angler

Postby Greg Barratt » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:19 am

Some belting fish, Shaun; cracking report too...
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Greg

If hopes and wishes turned into fishes....

2016 species:(15)
Starry Smoothhound, Thornback Ray, Black Bream, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Codling, Whiting, Flounder, Plaice, Dab, 3b Rockling, Dragonet, LSD, Silver Eel, Lobster, Starfish

gilly111
Obsessed Poster

Postby gilly111 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:52 am

Well done mate I had a 7lb out at Cheshire fisheries on a white zonker had a good day 3in all
2015 kayak fishing
Watch this space

Return to “StillWater Reports”