Sad times

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Sapper McMan !!!

Sad times

Postby Shaun1118 » Sat May 30, 2015 8:45 pm

I had some time to kill last night so I went for a walk round Stadt moers. 2nd swim along I had a take so stepped nearer to the waters edge which initiated a series of events which resulted in 2 wet feet, a lost fish, me flat on my back and the handle section of my lure rod below the reel seat crushed. I'm not one for mourning tackle loss and have snapped far more expensive rods but the destruction of this one provoked a feeling of sadness. We've had some good times but like all good things it comes to a end. I stayed on keen to give the rod a sending off it deserved. Casting was an awkward affair but I struggled on and when darkness came my hand was forced and the 10 last casts card was played, cast 6 and 8 produced the goods albeit small jacks, the one in the first pic would have made a great live bait :badgrin:

Just ordered a Teklon Royal 802 :dance: Ive been waiting for a excuse :lol:

Front Page Meister

Re: Sad times

Postby Godders123 » Sat May 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Shame about the rod mate, I know you've had a fair few fish on that Abu. I'd be interested in your views on the Teklon Royal once you've had a few sessions with it.

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun May 31, 2015 10:15 am

Well in Shaun laaa, Bad Bad news about your rod :doh: :doh: :doh:
The Wrassewrangler

Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Sun May 31, 2015 2:38 pm

Unlucky Shaun ..... but if the Royal is a step up from the Concept then you have bought a helluva rod :)

Return to “StillWater Reports”