Rainbows On The Brenig

Do you have a favorite venue for Carp ,tench,bream fishing, if so then pass on as much information in this test section of WSF.
Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Rainbows On The Brenig

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:44 pm

After going AWOL all week the missus asked me to spend a day with her today, and suggested we go to the Brenig Reservoir :D ,

then she followed it up with have you ever fished there before, my reply I don't think so darling :lol: ( she didn't know I used to competition fly fish and used the Brenig weekly ). Well lets have a walk and you can take your rod, walk ! I'm sure they do boats i repliedoh great lets have a boat then, I couldn't believe it :rofl: at 920 acres its a big water to take lightly

Anyway just a quick report fished all day, after a full English in the cafe on site, bagged up ( 6 fish ) in the first hour the missus said it was beginners luck :oops: had them on a mixture of nymphs and fritz patterns, fishing the draw and drop method on a washing line set up. We carried on fishing on a catch and release basis and ended up with 17 fish in total mainly on the Diawl Bach nymph and emerging buzzers. All fish averaged around the 2lb mark bar one that went back at 5lb 2

She now wants to get her own rod and set up, and fish there regularly. At £20 for a 6 fish ticket all day fishing and £18 for the boat its a good deal.

Image Our chariot for the day

[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Re: Rainbows On The Brenig

Postby Godders123 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Better get the lottery on Sean...you can do no wrong at the moment!

Well done fella :clap: :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Nice one Sean :dance: I'm gonna try find a little trout lake to fish one evening next week just to try get a bend in the fly rod... Its pretty boring just casting in a field :lol: I'm doing 20 yard casts regular now so I'm ready to progress :lol:

My girlfriend still thinks when we go for a walk round Anglesey we are just going for a walk somewhere random and pulling up in laybys to watch the sun set... in reality I've been recceing potential marks and launch points, but that's just trivial stuff, she doesn't need to know :lol:

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:05 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:Nice one Sean :dance: I'm gonna try find a little trout lake to fish one evening next week just to try get a bend in the fly rod... Its pretty boring just casting in a field :lol: I'm doing 20 yard casts regular now so I'm ready to progress :lol:

My girlfriend still thinks when we go for a walk round Anglesey we are just going for a walk somewhere random and pulling up in laybys to watch the sun set... in reality I've been recceing potential marks and launch points, but that's just trivial stuff, she doesn't need to know :lol:

If your over Abergele way anytime drop me a line mate i will join you, theres a great trout fishery here that has got some very good sport with the chance of a a big boy, I was giving Godders a few tips on casting last weekend with his fly rod and line
[u]2015 Shore Species - Bass on the fly, Bass ( bait ),Mullet, whiting, dab, silver eel, Doggie, Starry Hound, Flounder,Pollock, Conger, Wrasse, Mackerel

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:13 pm

A few action shots of today, the missus took, sorry if i' bore anyone in advance.

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:14 pm

Godders123 wrote:Better get the lottery on Sean...you can do no wrong at the moment!

Well done fella :clap: :clap:

I only bet when I'm bored mate, so I'm now planning my next outing for the weekend :)

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:21 pm

Bigun wrote:If your over Abergele way anytime drop me a line mate i will join you, theres a great trout fishery here that has got some very good sport with the chance of a a big boy, I was giving Godders a few tips on casting last weekend with his fly rod and line

What you doing Saturday :lol:

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:25 pm

Bigun wrote:
Shaun1118 wrote:Nice one Sean :dance: I'm gonna try find a little trout lake to fish one evening next week just to try get a bend in the fly rod... Its pretty boring just casting in a field :lol: I'm doing 20 yard casts regular now so I'm ready to progress :lol:

If your over Abergele way anytime drop me a line mate i will join you, theres a great trout fishery here that has got some very good sport with the chance of a a big boy, I was giving Godders a few tips on casting last weekend with his fly rod and line

I mastered the casting but I didn't quite manage to take a flounder off the top! :lol: :lol:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:27 pm

Godders123 wrote:
Bigun wrote:

I mastered the casting but I didn't quite manage to take a flounder off the top! :lol: :lol:

I've just spat my cider over the bloody keyboard now Mate

Bigun
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bigun » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:29 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:
Bigun wrote:If your over Abergele way anytime drop me a line mate i will join you, theres a great trout fishery here that has got some very good sport with the chance of a a big boy, I was giving Godders a few tips on casting last weekend with his fly rod and line

What you doing Saturday :lol:

Fishing Now , :lol: :lol: :lol: I will pm my number over but the wind wil be a factor

I.duke
Obsessed Poster

Postby I.duke » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:46 pm

Cracking report good to see the place producing the fish been a while since I was there

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:39 pm

Sounds like a perfect day Sean, great report :clap: :clap:

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:13 pm

Nice one Sean

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
The Wrassewrangler

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:35 pm

nice one mate , I,m looking forward to fishing there next winter for pike , their gonna be doing any method pike fishing from boats all winter so I,ve been told

Return to “StillWater Reports”