Copthorne Figure 8 .....04.11.07

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

Shacky
Team BLAS

Copthorne Figure 8 .....04.11.07

Postby Shacky » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:29 pm

Today we were at the Figure 8 (Donut) at Copthorne. There had been a cold snap the night previous. Which would have slowed things down a bit. I Got a nice parking spot right in front of our water for the day. I grabbed a few pictures of the "8".....

I then made my way to to sarnie bar. More people had turned up for this match, being the Xmas cup. I got my Bacon Butty and went and had a chat.....

When we had the draw. My peg was 5. The regular anglers looked a bit dejected to be on this side of the water, we all know with hindsight.....

Colin was to my right. With Paul isolated on peg 1 (Wonder Why :roll: :wink: )

Eddy to the left. Brian was further down trying out his Bib.....

I started off on the far shelf, There was nothing. In the end i fished everywhere i thought a fish would be.....

Still nothing :( I knew it would be bad, but not this bad. I spent four and three quarter hours Fishless. Then managed a small roach in the last fifteen min's . So that was my days efforts 1.5oz :cry:
Time for me to lock my freshwater tackle up for the winter.
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:59 pm

time to break out the maggots and pinkies more like shacky..and the 22/24 hooks to 0.006 line....dont give up hope laaa
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

Dave Kam
The one and only. SHREK!

Postby Dave Kam » Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:43 am

Last freshwater match for me this year, back to doing some proper fishing now, same goes for you Iain ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:42 am

Bloodworm and joker 8) its the future. :D
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Dave Kam
The one and only. SHREK!

Postby Dave Kam » Mon Nov 05, 2007 7:43 am

Steve Duffy wrote:Bloodworm and joker 8) its the future. :D

Only if you can see the hook!!!!! I have problems with anything smaller that a size 2/0 :D :D :D :D :D :D
Have I ever told you how much I hate Flounder fishing.........................................................................................thought so

Return to “Maggot Drowning”