Rawcliffe 07.10.07

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

Shacky
Team BLAS

Rawcliffe 07.10.07

Postby Shacky » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:00 pm

Rawcliffe was todays venue. I arrived early so i could get a bacon butty :wink: . Trevor has not quite put the finishing touches to the sarny bar. The new chef was ready and waiting............... :badgrin:

As more people came. We got into deep conversations about fishing. Plus having a good laugh................

Before the draw. People got the tackle loaded onto their trolleys. Today Carol had come as a spectator/steward, so Chris brought the extra seating.............. :lol:

Very thoughtful our Chris............

The draw was made. I had picked peg 9 and was informed this was the animal peg "Fish under the Tree". At my peg there is a large Willow tree overhanging the bank on the far side. This would be my main swim.......

My bait choice was pellet, i had a pint of maggots as standby. My pole had to be fished at its full 16 meters. Line choice was 8.9lb down to a 7.9lb hook length. I also set up my Feeder rod "just in case".
The whistle blew, all in. After 15 mins, i hooked into a very large Carp. Which in turn proceeded to make off round the island and snap my line, like cotton :( ........

Then there was nothing...........a couple of hours went by. Colin round to my left managed to net a nice carp :) ............

I noticed some carp feeding near the surface. So i changed to a Blob float
and got a take straight away.............snapped again :( I just wasn't geared up for these fish.....All went quiet again. Time for the feeder rod.........

A small feeder was sent out to the tree and i started to fill in with pellets. Not long after, my rod "shot" off its rest....carp on :) a few mins later, one in the net. Next cast brought the same result with its twin.
That was it, bar a very small roach. Match over 8)
Carol came round to weigh my fish.....Notice anything odd :?: .........

Yep......... She was guessing the weight :roll: . Forgotten the scales :lol:
My weight for the match was 10lb 14oz. It was a hard day, but i was happy with my result.............

These are the twins :) ........

I had a great day. Thanks all, for your superb company 8) See you all at Copthone..................... :D
Last edited by Shacky on Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:04 pm

Catch them on a two hook flapper??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:24 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:Catch them on a two hook flapper??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Twin Pennel mate ;)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:44 pm

Shacky......................2000/1... dont fish on the Mersey :D

Return to “Maggot Drowning”