Highfield 16.09.07

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

Shacky
Team BLAS

Highfield 16.09.07

Postby Shacky » Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:05 pm

As i arrived at Highfield today, i went straight for a Bacon Balm....I was starving. Inside i met up with Kammy, who was just finishing his off :shock:
We had a bit of a chit chat, then out to get ready for the draw. The usual misfits turned up.......

As i was getting my gear out of the car, this chap was having a fishy conversation. 10 points if you "Name that Scalp" :badgrin: .....

A quick look at the water for today.....

Then the Draw.............I got 24 Again :roll:.....

So off i marched. My peg is about 18 meters wide. No good for me with a 16m pole. I decided to fish the bottom of the shelf on the inside of the track.....

And by my feet.....

I started off on the track and caught a nice Roach within 10 mins, this was soon followed by a tiny Carp, then after a while a Chub. After an hour i gave it up. Having fed the inside, i gave that a whirl....................................................................................Nothing :(
Back to the track, A few line bites but no takers...............Time for thought....(Yes, i do have a few :p )
So it was out with the Feeder Rod and fish towards the island. Had i hit the jackpot :?:

Bites came straight away. I soon had three carp in the net and one Bream........Then it started to fade. I plugged away until the last half hour and caught about another eight Carp. I had one last try at the inside, feeding a lot of caster. This produced three more Carp.....Whistle Blows.
I finished the match with 16lb 3oz.
It was a poor day for most and it started to pissssssist it down towards the end. So apologies for shortage of fishy pics. But we were well wet through....... :(
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Return to “Maggot Drowning”