Highfield 12.08.07

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

Shacky
Team BLAS

Highfield 12.08.07

Postby Shacky » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:58 pm

Today was a very mixed day. The weather and fishing was mixed.

We started the day with the usual rituals. Paid our dosh and drew pegs, mine was 21.

I arrived at my peg and noticed this was a narrower section, but i had decided to fish down the track and in the nearside.
I started off down the middle. The bites were instant, but all small fish. I stuck this out for over an hour then moved to the inside. Fishing meat & corn. The bites were slow at first, but i was hooking much better fish. I changed to maggot and the bites became more consistant, This i did until the last hour and a half. All went quiet. Back on the big baits, brought fish, in no great quantity. I ended the match with a much better weight than i had thought.....34lb 2oz :)

Can't remember taking this picture :?

Meadow View next, new venue for me :roll:
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

mickthestick

Highfild loction

Postby mickthestick » Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:18 pm

nice 1 looks a nice place to fish :D where about is it plezs anyone help with direction is that they only pool done they have a website cheers mike

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:36 pm

Hi Mike. you will find the Venue on the link below, plus directions.....

http://www.somethingfishyac.co.uk/more_ ... rent_id=87

The large lake (Oak) has been changed to a match lake.
Hope this helps. Happy Hunting :)
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

Return to “Maggot Drowning”