RE: Coarse Fishing banaster farm/lesuire lakes

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

ste9143
Regular Poster

RE: Coarse Fishing banaster farm/lesuire lakes

Postby ste9143 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:34 pm

Hi guys been a long time hope everyones well, am giving up sea fishing and going into corase fishing got all my bits i need to get going am going to try the two places i mentioned in the title.

The Question i have , What tips can anyone give me for being a beginner at coarse my missus is going to have a try.

am going to be using sweet corn and maggots.
[color=#000000]codling, whiting, dab, flounder, crab,eel,pb 6lb tench,bream,roach,mirror carp,common carp/color]

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Re: RE: Coarse Fishing banaster farm/lesuire lakes

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:12 pm

Call its passing the book or whatever you wish the best advice I can give is go on a Coarse fishing forum ;)

While quite a few on here have a dabble at the coarse side of the hobby very few are in anyway competent :lol:

Have a little look on http://merseysideanglers.com/ for tips and there will probably be a few recent reports from Bannister farm aswel to give you a idea where and on what lake to fish and whats working there at the moment ;) You might want to give the sweetcorn a miss until it warms up a little though :think:

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 am

bannisters is a dump, the owner is currently on his holidays in walton prison due to a tanker of stolen diesel being found there ;)

better places to fish as shaun said have a look on merseysideanglers, plenty of venues on it to try :D
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

ste9143
Regular Poster

Postby ste9143 » Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:33 pm

thanks lads will look at the other site and see whats what thanks again :clap:
[color=#000000]codling, whiting, dab, flounder, crab,eel,pb 6lb tench,bream,roach,mirror carp,common carp/color]

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:41 pm

I don,t know when it,s due to open but the new "cheshire oaks " fishery at ellesmere port might be worth a shot mate ., :)

mal wynne
Obsessed Poster

Postby mal wynne » Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:43 pm

[quote="Shaun1118"]Call its passing the book or whatever you wish the best advice I can give is go on a Coarse fishing forum ;)

While quite a few on here have a dabble at the coarse side of the hobby very few are in anyway competent :lol:
AHEM!!!!! :lol:

ste9143
Regular Poster

Postby ste9143 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:09 pm

mal wynne wrote:I don,t know when it,s due to open but the new "cheshire oaks " fishery at ellesmere port might be worth a shot mate ., :)

cheers mal wynne am not sure am ready for there as tomorrow sunday 17th march is going to be a test day as i have never done coarse before but i will check it out next time depending how i get on.

cheers
ste9143 :clap:

Stanthejagman

Postby Stanthejagman » Sat Mar 16, 2013 6:43 pm

If you tell me where you live Ste I can deff put you onto a few places worth a try, and good for you to take your missus too.
Don't forget to take pellets to ANY commercial fishery mate...they are virtually fed them in every swim every day. 3 or 4 mm hard feed pallets and 4 or 6mm soft pellets
for hookbaits. Dont overlook luncheonmeat and bread for hookbaits either ;-)

ste9143
Regular Poster

Postby ste9143 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:47 pm

Stanthejagman wrote:If you tell me where you live Ste I can deff put you onto a few places worth a try, and good for you to take your missus too.
Don't forget to take pellets to ANY commercial fishery mate...they are virtually fed them in every swim every day. 3 or 4 mm hard feed pallets and 4 or 6mm soft pellets
for hookbaits. Dont overlook luncheonmeat and bread for hookbaits either ;-)

stanthejag man i live in southport and a complete novice at coarse fishing so am trying to teach the missus at the same time( blind leading the blind lol)

and thanks again mate

ste9143 :clap:

Stanthejagman

Postby Stanthejagman » Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:09 pm

If you are prepared to travel a short way there are loads of good places to get a bend in the rod.
It'd help a bit if I knew what kind of gear you were using...ie. float, leger, pole.
Places like Fir Tree Farm at Appley Brigde, Orcherton farm and Wrightington Fisheres, Copthorne, Whitmore, the list goes on.
It will be easier for you as it gets a bit warmer.
Happy to have a lil trip with you at some point if you want a few pointers.

ste9143
Regular Poster

Postby ste9143 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:29 pm

Stanthejagman wrote:If you are prepared to travel a short way there are loads of good places to get a bend in the rod.
It'd help a bit if I knew what kind of gear you were using...ie. float, leger, pole.
Places like Fir Tree Farm at Appley Brigde, Orcherton farm and Wrightington Fisheres, Copthorne, Whitmore, the list goes on.
It will be easier for you as it gets a bit warmer.
Happy to have a lil trip with you at some point if you want a few pointers.

Using float fixed spool and yeah that would be good be another week or 2 before we try again lol

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:11 am

Can I just point out ste9143 that u will need a rod licence to course fish, u can chance it at your own peril, I was fishing Appley bridge in Wigan last August no licence bailiffs come round, and I got a nice fine of 177 quid and you have got to pay it goes through the courts I was gutted but you learn from ya mistakes, I now have one to say the least. Hope this helps. ;)
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

ste9143
Regular Poster

Postby ste9143 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:59 am

stephen atkinson wrote:Can I just point out ste9143 that u will need a rod licence to course fish, u can chance it at your own peril, I was fishing Appley bridge in Wigan last August no licence bailiffs come round, and I got a nice fine of 177 quid and you have got to pay it goes through the courts I was gutted but you learn from ya mistakes, I now have one to say the least. Hope this helps. ;)

thanks for the tip but i been using day licences for now but going to buy the year one in a week or two. ouch at 177quid fine .

Return to “Maggot Drowning”