Pike on double maggot

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

simonbayley
Regular Poster

Pike on double maggot

Postby simonbayley » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:04 pm

I fished the canal behind chester zoo i was fishing on the pole 3/4 pound bottom and size 18 hooks double maggot on the hook and caught 2 pike biggest about 2 - 3 pound. Is there loads of pike in there? had a roach and perch also but was good fun playing the pike on the pole! was thinking about going back and doing a bit of pike bashing!

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Pike on double maggot

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:25 pm

The stretch behind Chester Zoo is good for lure fishing.Loads of jacks,with the occasional clunker. ;)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 3:30 pm

may drop by there tomorrow morning on my way to wales... I need to try justify buying the plugging gear last summer :-|

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:51 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:may drop by there tomorrow morning on my way to wales... I need to try justify buying the plugging gear last summer :-|

Butt :?: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Thats where i fist started fishing when i was 5 had some good days on the whip. I would love to have another go :) :) :) :) what do you catch there now and are the quality of fish any better.

Have had a few jacks there before on roach dead baits close to bushes and reeds.

Return to “Maggot Drowning”