Pole elastic

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

seajunky

Pole elastic

Postby seajunky » Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:14 am

Hi Guys

Not sure if this is the right place to put this. I am sure the mods will move it if it's wrong :)

But I was wondering if anybody had tried the double elastic meathod on the pole. One elastic being light, and the other heavier elastic, linked by a loop of strong line, so a small fish will pull out the light elastic out untill the loop of line goes tight and pulls out the stronger elastic, making heavier fish easier to control?

Steve

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Pole elastic

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:13 am

Not used it myself,but a mate uses a similar set up. ;)
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:10 pm

i have this and have a doubled up 6 elastic ideal for small carp and tench. The doubled elastic is softer and more forgiveing (stretches more)

seajunky

Postby seajunky » Sat Jul 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Thanks for your replys fellas, What do you think about using 2 different strengths of elastic. These can be linked as above, or they can be used individually as well, giving you more choice of elastics if you have only got 1 or 2 top kits.

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:19 am

seajunky wrote:Thanks for your replys fellas, What do you think about using 2 different strengths of elastic. These can be linked as above, or they can be used individually as well, giving you more choice of elastics if you have only got 1 or 2 top kits.

No it does not work

jaygo
Dunkin' Donut

Postby jaygo » Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:59 am

just use hollow elastic..

if using doubled up elastic make sure you cut your pole back enough to allow the elastic to move freely otherwise you will bump to many fish...doubled up latex is also good..but after trying out a few diffarant things i find hollow is best, very forgiving and you can can get large fish in even on light hollow..

have you had a go with a pulla bung?????worth a look if not these are great withhollow aswell...
http://www.merseysideanglers.co.uk

GET ONTO VINE BAITS YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.
http://www.merseysideanglers.com/vinebaits.html

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Tue Jul 06, 2010 3:57 pm

jaygo wrote:just use hollow elastic..

if using doubled up elastic make sure you cut your pole back enough to allow the elastic to move freely otherwise you will bump to many fish...doubled up latex is also good..but after trying out a few diffarant things i find hollow is best, very forgiving and you can can get large fish in even on light hollow..

have you had a go with a pulla bung?????worth a look if not these are great withhollow aswell...

I like just a single elastic but you are best with a hollow elastic for carp and barble where as you are best with a solid elastic for silvers and F1s

scoobysti
Super Poster

Postby scoobysti » Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:52 pm

24 hydro for me ;) hit em and hold on :badgrin:

FishingFreakJack
English A Level Prospect

Postby FishingFreakJack » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:44 pm

scoobysti wrote:24 hydro for me ;) hit em and hold on :badgrin:

see thats the thing i would use heavy elastics as they get big fish out easily. But... its not fun when you dont give the fish a chance its like catching a nice roach on a 4-6oz beachcaster :roll:

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:41 pm

i use double elastics a lot now, double 4 for little carp, double 10 for the big guys, nice and soft on the strike so a)the fish dont bolt and b) if you hook something small you wont bump it off....but with a bit of ooomph if yiu hit something bigger

like jay i l.ike the pulla bunga and i have it on my medium elastics(10-12), woudnt use them on light elastics ( no need) and the heavy elastics(dont like the idea of skull dragging them in
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

seajunky

Postby seajunky » Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:05 pm

Thanks for your opinions. I have just come back from a fishing holiday in Yorkshire. I have been using green vespa with a pulla bung. I had carp up to 8lb, and the pulla bung was a great help. I really don't think that I would have got the carp in without it.I am still learning about this pole fishing lark, but I am having fun.

Return to “Maggot Drowning”