Cheshire Fishing

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Cheshire Fishing

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 11, 2008 2:48 pm

Off to Tattenhall in the morning to get back in the swing of things on an easy water :roll: tin of bacon grill and some corn should see a few carp on the bank 8)
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 11, 2008 2:52 pm

Sacked it.....just looked on their site for a number to book a dawn start and it`s gone up to £12.50 for a day ticket :shock: :shock:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun May 11, 2008 3:27 pm

Anyone see a coarse fishing mojo go flying by. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 11, 2008 3:31 pm

Walton Hall Park here i come....free fishing

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun May 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Big Kev wrote:Walton Hall Park here i come....free fishing

Dont thinks so kev... it may cost nothing but you still need a permit... plus some anglers have been messing around with stocks between the little and big lake :D I dont fish there anymore because i fished a match and kicked oops and i got banned from fishing there self arranged matches :cry:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 11, 2008 5:59 pm

Yes we know you need a licence,that goes without saying :roll:

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:55 pm

Big Kev wrote:Yes we know you need a licence,that goes without saying :roll:

NO... A PERMIT

You need one now to fish all park lakes in liverpool, the police ballif it along with park security etc

You get them free from the one stop shop thingys ;) I think you need proof of identity and your angling liscence to get it ;) Its to stop polish people robbing our fish and to stop n*b head kids pr*cking about :D

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun May 11, 2008 8:00 pm

I`m doomed :lol: :lol:

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Sun May 11, 2008 8:02 pm

you do need a permit to fish it now..as shaun says you can get them free from the onestop shops( not sure about you now you live in wooleyback land)

theres a good chance you wont get asked as they only come round every preston guild and im sure they will let first offenders off with a suggestion they get one
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Sun May 11, 2008 8:23 pm

why not try halsnead

i fished a match there yesterday and a few tench, bream and crucians were coming out to corn or pellet

fish near some lillys and hang on :lol:

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:28 pm

bigdave wrote:you do need a permit to fish it now..as shaun says you can get them free from the onestop shops( not sure about you now you live in wooleyback land)

theres a good chance you wont get asked as they only come round every preston guild and im sure they will let first offenders off with a suggestion they get one

Wools will be able to get them... i wouldnt chance you being let off though :shock: Especially at walton because thats where the initaitive started... a group of anglers asked if they could look after the lakes for the purpose of fishing... the council said yes and since then the tw@ts have done everything to f@ck the lake up :? Including asking if a permit system could be brought out :x Rules for walton (made and enfoced by the anglers comply or they phone the bill).... NO carp fishing, no boilies, no more than 1 rod per angler, no night fishing, no pike fishing.... the big lake has got thirty lb plus carp... why let them go to waste because a pole angler want to catch skimmers and roach :(

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Sun May 11, 2008 10:44 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:the big lake has got thirty lb plus carp... why let them go to waste because a pole angler want to catch skimmers and roach :(

the night fishing by prior arrangment only one rod rule came about because of the tented village that sprung up everynight,especially during the summer, causing noise and litter problems for the other park users and nearby residents (the walton triangle estate backs right onto the lake practically)...and the fact that they used to all have about 4 rods out each, strung all over the place sometimes leaving little room left for ther anglers to have a fish :cry:

at the end of the day its their own fault that the rules have to be brought in, ive fished wally for 29 years morning noon and night sometimes, and i can see the place going down the nick, its a crying shame, its full of argos carpers and nuggets who have no idea about fish welfare...or fishing come to that

ive had some great days ther and catching 100lb bags of carp from the little lake wasnt that rare at times during the summer before last before the boaties put weed killer in the lake :cry: ), the tench fishing at night used to be the best in the north west (this was before you were born) and the night matchs we used to have had upwards of 50 people fishing them every friday night, the bream go to 8lbs + and as you say there are at least 2 30lb carp in there

i hope the permit system brings back some of the good times back to walton and the other parks..ive got a card and not even bothered to use it yet..i might have a go there one day before the kids break up for holiday9 dont bother fishing it during the weekends or holidays

by the way dont know were you read theres no pike fishing, no carp fishing..no boilies rule...was it a dream...for the proper rules have a look

here

chriswsf
El Presidente

Postby chriswsf » Mon May 12, 2008 7:37 am

At least they are doing something Dave unlike WBC, we have AWAC but i dont think they have anglers interests at heart just out for themselves, we have lost Burton this year and WBC are not interested in opening up the lakes at the Wirral Country Park, or even using some of the land that lies empty around the bourgh to develop into fisherys to get kids away from the laptops, ps2's ect and get them out into the fresh air as we did as kids its sad that they have no interest.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon May 12, 2008 7:47 am

fair dos about the oops :p

I had the pleasentry of seeing one of these 30s first hand :D He caught it on the surface free lining bread last year :?

The rules mentioned where the ones the old people where trying to put in place a while back and realisticly without at least 2 rods you can target large carp successfully :shock: Its says you may have more when consent is arranged before hand but how long is that going to take!?!?!

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon May 12, 2008 12:58 pm

The tench fishing on the big lake was superb until the carp anglers arrived on the scene....same script at Halsnead...10 tonnes of boilies going in every day does`nt help anything :evil:
Any road up,i decided to go to Brookside nr Stretton as it`s only 20 mins away....got there around 6.30am and picked a peg on Willow...
I had to wait a good 5 secs for my first bite,and it continued with a fish a chuck for 90 mins :roll:
I had forgotten how mind numbingly boringly easy carp puddles are,so i called it a day at 8am and went crabbing :lol:

Return to “Maggot Drowning”