the cold cut

A test section for WSf to see if we need to progress to a full blown Coarse and Carp Fishing Forum.

General Coarse Fishing reports and information in this section.

Moderator: John Petersen

plasticpaddy
Regular Poster

the cold cut

Postby plasticpaddy » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:08 pm

decided to blow the cob webs off my course gear the savvy and head down the local cut in maghull, dug a few worm out the garden and took some liquidised bread out the freezer, first 2 stops at the canal were a no go due to the winds :evil: so i opted for a short covered section known as little shop lane :D

fished 2 bread swims down the track and a worm swim at the bottom of the far shelf, was straight into small roach averaging 2 to 3oz after bout 30 mins fed again and started getting a better stamp of fish with a few hybrids among them but after about an hour the bread swims died so went on the worm line, after flogging that for an hour with nothing to show i went back on the bread with the only difference being i scaled down to a no 2 elastic and 24 hooks after a few more small roach, i decided to fish the small punch (3mm) over depth by about 6inch which resulted in a bream about 2lb :D after that i tried the heavier rig well i say heavier 0.8 bottom and 18 hook :lol: but no joy, so scaled down again and added another 4 bream by this time the wind was getting up and was struggling to hold the pole so called it a day, very enjoyable though :smile: :smile: :smile:

oh did i mention it was f/ing COLD!!
at the end of the day it's night

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:37 pm

Nice session laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 8) Been sorting my coarse gear out too to get back on the canals 8)
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

bigdave
Armchair Sea Angler

Postby bigdave » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:04 pm

lovely stuff mate especially in the cold
If I want your opinion, I'll ask you to fill out the necessary forms.

Hooknose King/ dab King/master archer/starry smooth hound (boat) king

www.merseysideanglers.com

Return to “Maggot Drowning”