White Beach

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

morrow
Obsessed Poster

White Beach

Postby morrow » Thu May 10, 2018 11:48 am

Hi All

Does anybody have any info on White Beach its not a area of the island i am familiar with!

There is a group of us who are going to dive it next weekend however we are unsure on depth etc we will probably map it whilst under the water, After the dives late afternoon/ into the evening i was going to stay and fish it for a couple of hours once ive sussed it out a bit more.

Diving wise from what ive seen so far its a pebble beach water looks crystal clear.
Species - Thornback Ray, Huss, Wrasse, Dogfish, Whiting, Mackerel, Flounder, Silver Eel, Dab, Pollock, Sea Scorpion, Common Blenny, Coalie , Rockling, Pouting, Conger Eel, Smoothound

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Re: White Beach

Postby GAZZ3R » Fri May 11, 2018 6:44 am

It's certainly a way of getting to know where you are fishing and what's there :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Brian900
Obsessed Poster

Postby Brian900 » Fri May 11, 2018 7:10 am

You dont fish it off the beach, you fish to the right, looking towards the sea, off the rocks.
It's been a while since I fished it but when you park on the top you have to walk back along the road and then there is a path that goes straight to it.

Ste Robbo
Regular Poster

Postby Ste Robbo » Fri May 11, 2018 10:15 am

From what I can remember years back to the right as mentioned there is a large flat rock which is very comfortable to fish off.. we had the usual suspects when fishing rock marks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2014 species- codling, whiting, dab, flounder, plaice, eel, doggie

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:46 pm

Two headlands on offer, follow the road to the end (parking for 4 or 5 cars) and you can see whether anyone's fishing before you walk down. It's a bit of a hike but the path is mainly good, just one or two bits to watch out for if it's wet as they get quite muddy/slippy. Apparently the left headland, nearest you, is very snaggy hence good for conger but the one we fish is on the right, and as others have said it's a very comfortable venue as it was quarried so pretty flat. mainly doggies and quite shallow close in but not snaggy. Normally good for mackerel in season too if you can avoid mr seal who is very skilled at clearing the lot off your feathers and don't go at the weekends when mackerel are around as there'll be loads of so called "anglers" casting feathers around like theres no tomorrow, over your lines (or over your head if you're in the water) and thy don't understand the etiquette :roll: ). Last time we were there a couple of local lads we spoke to were spinning for mackerel and cooking them straight away on a disposable BBQ which looked fantastic and I'll do next time I go :thumbsup:
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

Return to “Fishing Sessions”