Decent conger mark Anglesey???

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Postby Squidmac » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:54 am

Hi planning a conger session in Anglesey mid Feb . I know there’s numerous places to target them and I have tried a couple of times in the past with no luck. If you had to pick a top mark to go to for conger on Anglesey where would it be? I know people have there “ secret marks “ but if someone could put me on a better mark for a conger it would be much appreciated, many thanks

Obsessed Poster

Re: Decent conger mark Anglesey???

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:26 pm

Hiya mate, There are a lot of good Conger marks on Anglesey, Ty Croes, Rhoscolyn, Amlwch Breaky and Rocks, Wylfa, Llanbadrig, They're just the ones I know of, it's like all sea fishing, one session can be really good, the session after can be Dire, No 2 sessions are the same, choose a mark you want to try and stick with it untill you catch, make a note of tide size n time etc, it should up your catch rate, good luck and keep at it :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Decent conger mark Anglesey???

Postby Big Kev » Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:17 pm

Had my biggest conger at Ty Croes....hard to give exact spots,but there`s quite a few cut back ravines and small bays where they like to hold up...i`d say a couple of hours either side of low or high water on a neap tide,and a calm night would be good.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:12 pm

Most deep water rock marks will hold conger. However as Gaz has said don’t get despondent if you don’t catch as it’s unlikely that you’ll have picked a mark devoid of eels, it’s more likely that they’re simply not feeding on that tide. Keep on trying and you’ll get into them eventually.

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Return to “Fishing Sessions”