Weymouth Charter 6th-10th August

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Weymouth Charter 6th-10th August

Postby wobbler72 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:52 pm

Some mates and I have booked a Charter out of Weymouth for 5 days, 6th to 10th August inclusive.

Most unusually, we have 3 spare places this year.

We plan to travel down Sunday afternoon 5th August. We stay overnight for a nice early start on Monday morning fishing all day Monday to Friday and returning home Friday night. We'll sort out exactly what we do on each day nearer the time, based on the weather and fishing reports, but we should get a good mix of inshore banks and reefs, offshore reefs and wreck fishing covering everything from Bass (although you can't keep them), Bream, Plaice, Turbot, Brill, Rays (mostly Blondes and Undulates, not Thornies), Tope and Conger. In addition the wrecks could produce Cod, Pollack and Ling, but we've had all sorts over the years including Spurdogs and John Dory.

We normally go on Supanova II with Lyle Stantiford, but this year we're going with his other boat Meerkat, which he took over 2 years ago and is skippered by Ryan Casey (a smashing young lad and England youth International). (Suggest you Google them both for a flavour of what's possible).

The costs for the boat will be between £350-400 depending on the actual mix of inshore and offshore trips we do. The B&B's are around £35 per night per head so another £175 for the 5 nights, making it around £575 in total plus food and drink. We'll try and catch our own live Sandeel and Mackerel but if they're not around we'll have to buy some. Worm and Squid baits for the Plaice and Bream would also be extra.

The plan is to limit the boat to a maximum of 8 people, even though it's licensed for 10.

If there's anything else you'd like to know at this stage just PM me. I'll need a £100 per head deposit to secure your place.

Cheers

Kev
Kev

Return to “Fishing Sessions”