February Anglesey Session

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

February Anglesey Session

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:21 pm

Have got a pass out for a couple of days mid February :thumbsup: and my team of researchers tell me that it's probably going to be sh*te wherever I go so if the weather is reasonable I'm off to Anglesey with some LRF/spinning gear and maybe one rod to do a bit of exploring, getting a few short lrf sessions in whilst looking for likely marks for later in the year.

The inter web has thrown up all the usual suggestions like HHBW, Amwlch, Ravens, Treardur Llanbadrigg amongst others but does anyone have any other personal winter favourites where I might be in with a chance of coalies , Pollack or Wrasse on lures at this time of year?

Cheers

Mark

(Apols this isn't in the right place but I can't post in the venues questions section for some reason).
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: February Anglesey Session

Postby starfish » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:57 am

coalies, pouting, codling, whiting, pollock, will be around the trearddur bay area and can be taken with lures etc
the wrasse will be very thin and not too active if they are there but some will still be around that area.
Starfish sea fishing. Youtube.

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:15 am

starfish wrote:coalies, pouting, codling, whiting, pollock, will be around the trearddur bay area and can be taken with lures etc
the wrasse will be very thin and not too active if they are there but some will still be around that area.

Thanks for info Starfish. Am I looking at the bay itself e.g. Flagpole or further along? Cheers, Mark
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:08 pm

The bay will usually turn up a few Coalies on the flag pole side especially but you really need a few strong South Westerlies to kick it into life.
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:30 pm

as above :D
Starfish sea fishing. Youtube.

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:41 pm

Ken the PACMAN wrote:The bay will usually turn up a few Coalies on the flag pole side especially but you really need a few strong South Westerlies to kick it into life.

Thanks Ken :thumbsup: (and starfish :D )

Return to “Fishing Sessions”