Perch rock

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Re: Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 8:29 pm

Paul Argent wrote:Hi Big Hitter, All.

Totally agree with all comments, but the excitement is about fishing areas that are not normally fished in a new way. I come from a fishing town called Great Yarmouth (Herring Heaven years ago) If is can be done differently then why not? Otherwise we would all be fishing with nets and canes. Magnets in Reals and Carbon Fibre, how would had thought.

Bring on anything that gives the edge, fish need to be chased , after all the plant is 2/3 water..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

7hm, Century, Zipplex, Cobra for Sale?

Big Fix spools and Multipliers with 1-2k of line, working off Holland and Australia TBC

See you everybody Sunday to hit a lead out!!

Tight Lines

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:47 pm

Paul Argent wrote:
Paul Argent wrote:Hi Big Hitter, All.

Totally agree with all comments, but the excitement is about fishing areas that are not normally fished in a new way. I come from a fishing town called Great Yarmouth (Herring Heaven years ago) If is can be done differently then why not? Otherwise we would all be fishing with nets and canes. Magnets in Reals and Carbon Fibre, how would had thought.

Bring on anything that gives the edge, fish need to be chased , after all the plant is 2/3 water..

7hm, Century, Zipplex, Cobra for Sale?

Big Fix spools and Multipliers with 1-2k of line, working off Holland and Australia TBC

See you everybody Sunday to hit a lead out!!

Tight Lines

Invented in the east rather similar to braid J Line which most now use compared to mono

What’s new and old school ??

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:23 pm

Just want that Tope that got away when I was 8 !!

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:03 pm

900m no issues Image

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Paul Argent wrote:900m no issues Image

Imagec

And for fix Spool fans Bg8000 is a monster at 30-50lb

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:09 pm

If want to get fit try bringing the line in from distance. Really knackering!!

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:50 pm

Image 850m on fixspool and 1000m on Daiwa 50 Saltist, 0.28 to answer PM messages

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 am

I can see the attraction in being able to drop half a macky way out in the deep channel in search of a big conger.They are out there but very rarely do they venture within normal casting distances. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Milligan
Super Poster

Postby Milligan » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:04 am

Good posts Paul, I dont think using a drone to get your bait out to otherwise "unavailable " water is really any different to those east coast anglers who tried using a Kite to carry baits out over 3 or 400 yards off the cliffs a few years ago.

In the US, and maybe over here ? beach anglers after sharks /tope use a paddle or surf boards to get large baits out, with good results.I South Africa some guy invented a "bait bazooka, that fired your end gear from a type of large tube.

Chasing Tope from the beach is probably the only reason could find for using a method to get a good sized bait further out, so far as "normal" fishing is concerned there would be no reason for me to use anything but conventional gear.

It is also good to remind ourselves that anybody using these different methods to get a line into those distant "catch zones" are also possibly putting themselves at a greater disadvantage.... who knows what "scrap " lurks under the water at those distances, also there is the possibility of getting large amounts of weed on your line, which could also result in the sinker and bait getting dragged all over the place, plus cross currents and faster stronger tides could also be a problem . As has already been mentioned the physical problem of getting your line back would be enough to put me off , but it is good imo to see somebody trying something different.

So far as my comments about using a drone in a beach comp, well, they were tongue in cheek, I suppose if one was used , and the user wiped the prize board things would be said, but as ever , if they arent specifically banned then everybody would be free to invest in and use one. I can just see the knitting in a pegged match though l :lol:

As others have said, there is certainly great skill in using conventional methods, bait presentation, casting, rigs , knowing the area you are fishing, reading the beach, etc. good beach anglers develop these over time, I dont think using a drone will ever replace these skills, but it just maybe may give you an edge when targetting a certain species.

Millsy

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:06 pm

Interesting and fair comments, I have seen balloons used in Aruba to obtain distance as there is a strong wind everyday. Agree that knowledge of the mark and knowing what works locally is also key.

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:31 pm

I’m really looking forward to seeing what you can catch in our river at them distances Paul. I think we all could be surprised at what lurks in the depths beyond our casting range. I know for certain my casting ability has won me matches by reaching gullies, tide and fish holes that other anglers couldn’t reach. With the drone you are going another step further by reaching boat fishing range. I really can’t wait to see what you catch and wouldn’t even mind coming down to watch you do it. :D
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

Parked a boat several times out of casting range at Perch Rock and along to the Green Bouy but never caught much different to anywhere along that area until you reach the shallower entrance to the rock channel.
That area produced some bigger Cod years ago which was the main reason for us trying there at different times.
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

Maerig the hunter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Maerig the hunter » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:10 pm

No need to drone on about it :lol:
2023 species so far : Chub 6lb.Flounder, whiting, minidab, undersea cable and lesser Mersey condonfish!

Happiness is a rod in my hand : Shakespeare :naughty: Had the tee shirt once

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:24 pm

Splash Drone will be back out again in late March on the sea fishing trips, currently working on dropping it in to water in near reservoir and filming under water

Return to “Fishing Sessions”