Perch rock

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Andy1966

Perch rock

Postby Andy1966 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi was thinking of trying perch rock tomorrow are the tides ok for this place cheers andy

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Perch rock

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:09 pm

Fish 2 to 3 hours down to low water.Usual baits and rigs should score.If the beach is not packed and you have room try using a watch or pyramid lead and let the tide move the bait.You'll cover a lot more ground and you won't have the grip wires digging into deep bank as you retrieve.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Andy1966

Postby Andy1966 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:12 pm

Thank you

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:07 pm

Hi Andy, I will be down there tomorrow morning, you won’t miss me I am going to be using a SwellPro 3 Splash drone for the first time to take my lead out. Low tide is around 1pm.

After the low at Perch Rock. I am off to Otterspool to catch the high tide at 7pm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:09 pm

Drone fishing??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2021 Species: [17] LSD, Coalie, Ting, Dab, Sea Scorpion, Pout, Poor Cod, Huss, Pollack, weaver, flounder, plaice, gurnard, thornie, ballan, corkwing, rock goby
2020:
[9]
2019:[16]
2018:[14]
2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:28 pm

Yeah, Drone Fishing. You get out further than any cast and it’s a lot cheaper than buying a boat and safer that using a canoe!! Just loading 700m of line.

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:02 pm

Paul Argent wrote:Yeah, Drone Fishing. You get out further than any cast and it’s a lot cheaper than buying a boat and safer that using a canoe!! Just loading 700m of line.

How about a Tope session using the drone at Talacre over the summer?? :think:

2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:
2019 Conger 13lbs 12oz
2020 Tope 44lbs 9oz
2021 Gilt-head Bream 12oz
2022 Coley 2lbs 6oz / Bass 3lbs 14oz / Turbot 9oz / Mullet 2lbs 6oz / SE Ray 3lbs 15oz / Sole 1lb .5oz
2023 Norway

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Perch rock

Postby Paul Argent » Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:08 pm

Dyl, going to be loads of options with it in the summer, some of the beaches that are shallow you will still be able to find deep water with it. Return to home function is excellent on it, once you release the pin mechanism all you need to do is press the return to home button and it lands it’s self in the extract place where it took off from. Going to take some getting use to but it will open up opportunities from the shore that we’re not possible before.

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Thu Dec 28, 2017 12:58 am

look forward to seeing the results on this one head out too the green boyo :lol:

i fished there last knight whiting every chuck again loads off them about :D
Starfish sea fishing. Youtube.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:19 pm

Paul Argent wrote:Dyl, going to be loads of options with it in the summer, some of the beaches that are shallow you will still be able to find deep water with it. Return to home function is excellent on it, once you release the pin mechanism all you need to do is press the return to home button and it lands it’s self in the extract place where it took off from. Going to take some getting use to but it will open up opportunities from the shore that we’re not possible before.

That`s not fishing ... :naughty:
winter fishing sucks

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:05 pm

Paul Argent wrote:Hi Andy, I will be down there tomorrow morning, you won’t miss me I am going to be using a SwellPro 3 Splash drone for the first time to take my lead out. Low tide is around 1pm.

After the low at Perch Rock. I am off to Otterspool to catch the high tide at 7pm

Alright Paul
I probably wouldn't use it on a beach, that will have so many anglers on for the first time mate, just in case casting lines don't wipe it out, I'd go to a beach that will be empty. :think:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Big Hitter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Big Hitter » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:27 am

Look forward to the report on this one.
Be interesting to see if ya do get anything more from such distances or how many sets of gear ya loose :shock:
Team Ultima Anyfish Anywhere
Team Wales
Welsh By The Grace Of God

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:11 pm

How did you get on Paul? Did it produce for you bud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2021 Species: [17] LSD, Coalie, Ting, Dab, Sea Scorpion, Pout, Poor Cod, Huss, Pollack, weaver, flounder, plaice, gurnard, thornie, ballan, corkwing, rock goby
2020:
[9]
2019:[16]
2018:[14]
2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Hi Davie, just uploaded a post however it has not appeared. I will rewrite the report...

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:54 pm

Arrived at Perch Rock with usual strong wind blowing across the car park and the beach from the north west 16- 18mph Guest’s 20mph+
There was no rain forecasted which was a bonus

There where fisherman everywhere! As the wind had a westerly direction they all decided to to fish the riverside, which makes sense to have the wind behind you. So I took the option of going on the north facing part of the sand bank, where nobody wanted to go which had ample space.

Due to being a beginner with the drone I was nervous, especially as I was going to send it over the sea . The drone is waterproof and can land and take off in the sea, but I was happy just to send it out release the bait and weight and see it return back to the beach.

I set up a fix-spool reel with over 500m, calibrated the Drone, released the bail arm and took off with my squid and black lug baits attached, I stopped the drone at around 300/350 meter, then relaxed the pin the drop the bait. Following this I then selected the return home.. and to my joy the splash drone returned to the point exactly where it took off from.

With regards to what I caught: 3 Dabs, 6 Whiting 6 flounders, flounder where good size. No Cod at this distance, maybe with more confidence you can go out to the green buoy and towards Seaforth!

Please note there are limitations on where you can fishing with a drone, all flights and plans need to sent via the NATS app so that the Civil Aviation Authorities are aware that you are operating. For those thinking of doing this down river unfortunately it’s prohibited as this this John Lennon, Liverpool Airspace.

Anybody interested further I will bring it along to the next Wirral Sea Fishing Match. As the drone take video I will also upload some stunning shot of PerchRock

Happy New Year to Everybody

Return to “Fishing Sessions”