Tues 4th Jan

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Milligan
Super Poster

Tues 4th Jan

Postby Milligan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:16 pm

Hi folks, well, my mate Graham has just had a knee replacement, and isnt doing too well on the legs yet , but is mobile just about enough to chance a trip out, but only really capable of fishing from Proms at the moment,anything more than a short walk will be out .
We have a date pencilled in for Thursday 4th Jan, its a big tide, so I was wondering where would be a good bet to whet a line without getting dragged about too much .

I was thinking maybe the upstream sides of the groins somwhere around THS for a couple of hours up and down ?

If anybody has any other suggestions I would be really grateful. All he is wanting are a few flats or Whitings really.A Cod would be a big bonus, but not holding my breath.

Millsy.

Milligan
Super Poster

Re: Tues 4th Jan

Postby Milligan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:35 pm

Cant seem to edit the post, should say Thurs 4th :think:

Millsy

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:03 pm

Milligan wrote:Cant seem to edit the post, should say Thurs 4th :think:

Millsy

Done. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:06 pm

Fish between the groynes but don't cast too far.The fish will stay close in out of the tidal flow.You often find that the tidal flow reverses as it hits the groyne so the tide appears to be flowing the wrong way.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:27 pm

You can park just off the prom at the bottom of Maddocks rd to reduce any walking...should be good for whiting n dabs
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.42414 ... 312!8i6656
winter fishing sucks

Milligan
Super Poster

Postby Milligan » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:58 pm

Thanks Kev and Steve, looks like THS / Maddocks Rd area will be the place then.I will put up a ( blanking ) report :thumbsup:

Millsy.

Return to “Fishing Sessions”