Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

Postby Big Kev » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Low water is 5.10pm so i`ll be parking up at 1.30pm (£1.90 to park) and going in search of my first winter codling....fish til 6.30pm.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Re: Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm

May join ya kev, ;) am out there tomorrow morning, with that keen easterly at me back and snow see what happens, will put a report up if anything snaffles me bait. :o i managed 34 worms this morning from formby hard going I walked the length of the entire beach for them. :roll:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 pm

just dabs unfortunately, at least the snow and rain stayed off, was a nice morning on the beach. Don't know where these coddos are on the low water marks. :think:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 pm

stephen atkinson wrote:just dabs unfortunately, at least the snow and rain stayed off, was a nice morning on the beach. Don't know where these coddos are on the low water marks. :think:

Strange Ste laaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....i might try a silly o`clock session at Braystones instead....see how the wind goes. :roll:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Unlucky chaps but good try :clap: :clap: Was planning to have a session over low there tomorrow but might need a rethink :confused: Also wondering whether a daytime high off the rocks sometime soon might be worth a go, not done that for a while.
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Unlucky ste, haven’t fished it yet this year will have to give it a go very soon,
Bobdeniro2 wrote:Unlucky chaps but good try :clap: :clap: Was planning to have a session over low there tomorrow but might need a rethink :confused: Also wondering whether a daytime high off the rocks sometime soon might be worth a go, not done that for a while.
. 9 times out of 10 the best spot is taken which is a bummer when you’ve done that walk :(

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Early days but the winds forecast makes Seaforth the place to be.

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Fished the mid-day low today, stunning views on a clear bright day, of the Welsh mountains covered in snow, awesome. Plenty of fish too, mainly dabs with a rockling and whiting thrown in for good measure, very enjoyable session though.
2018: Codling, Dogfish, Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Pollack, Rockling, Starry Smoothhound, Tope, Whiting,

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 pm

.[/quote]. 9 times out of 10 the best spot is taken which is a bummer when you’ve done that walk :([/quote]

That's what puts me off, as well as the jobsworths from the docks who have tried to kick us off in the past :huh:

leethomas

Postby leethomas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

There's a new tannoy speaker and camera on the tower... it'll scare the life out of you when you hear it.... dogs barking, trespass warnings among others.......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm

leethomas wrote:There's a new tannoy speaker and camera on the tower... it'll scare the life out of you when you hear it.... dogs barking, trespass warnings among others.......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I had that on my last visit and ignored it as i was on the right side of the fence...no-one turned up and i would`nt move even if they did. :evil:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm

I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Big Kev wrote:I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

You need to give Fishermans Wharf a go. Cod coming out consistantly. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

You need to give Fishermans Wharf a go. Cod coming out consistantly. :thumbsup:

I`d rather take up country dancing than fish such marks..... :naughty:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm

I fancy an adventure so i`m off to Braystones beach,leaving at 1am Sunday...low water 5.10am,so looking to fish 4am til high at 10.50am.......One seat available at £15.....bit of broken ground around low water so expect to lose a rig or two....steep shingle beach on to sand from mid flood onwards.

Return to “Fishing Sessions”