Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

Postby Big Kev » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:00 pm

Low water is 5.10pm so i`ll be parking up at 1.30pm (£1.90 to park) and going in search of my first winter codling....fish til 6.30pm.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Re: Seaforth Beach Sunday 17th

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Dec 09, 2017 8:43 pm

May join ya kev, ;) am out there tomorrow morning, with that keen easterly at me back and snow see what happens, will put a report up if anything snaffles me bait. :o i managed 34 worms this morning from formby hard going I walked the length of the entire beach for them. :roll:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:26 pm

just dabs unfortunately, at least the snow and rain stayed off, was a nice morning on the beach. Don't know where these coddos are on the low water marks. :think:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:26 pm

stephen atkinson wrote:just dabs unfortunately, at least the snow and rain stayed off, was a nice morning on the beach. Don't know where these coddos are on the low water marks. :think:

Strange Ste laaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....i might try a silly o`clock session at Braystones instead....see how the wind goes. :roll:

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Unlucky chaps but good try :clap: :clap: Was planning to have a session over low there tomorrow but might need a rethink :confused: Also wondering whether a daytime high off the rocks sometime soon might be worth a go, not done that for a while.
2017: Bass, Saddled Bream, Codling, Conger, Dab, Blue Finned Damsel fish, Dogfish, Silver Eel, Flounder, Goby, Plaice, Pollack, Pouting, Rockling, 3B Rockling, TB Ray, Long Spined Scorpion Fish, Whiting, Ballan Wrasse, Ornate Wrasse

geddo
Obsessed Poster

Postby geddo » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:52 pm

Unlucky ste, haven’t fished it yet this year will have to give it a go very soon,
Bobdeniro2 wrote:Unlucky chaps but good try :clap: :clap: Was planning to have a session over low there tomorrow but might need a rethink :confused: Also wondering whether a daytime high off the rocks sometime soon might be worth a go, not done that for a while.
. 9 times out of 10 the best spot is taken which is a bummer when you’ve done that walk :(

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:37 pm

Early days but the winds forecast makes Seaforth the place to be.

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:04 pm

Fished the mid-day low today, stunning views on a clear bright day, of the Welsh mountains covered in snow, awesome. Plenty of fish too, mainly dabs with a rockling and whiting thrown in for good measure, very enjoyable session though.
2017: Bass, Saddled Bream, Codling, Conger, Dab, Blue Finned Damsel fish, Dogfish, Silver Eel, Flounder, Goby, Plaice, Pollack, Pouting, Rockling, 3B Rockling, TB Ray, Long Spined Scorpion Fish, Whiting, Ballan Wrasse, Ornate Wrasse

Bobdeniro2
Obsessed Poster

Postby Bobdeniro2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:07 pm

.[/quote]. 9 times out of 10 the best spot is taken which is a bummer when you’ve done that walk :([/quote]

That's what puts me off, as well as the jobsworths from the docks who have tried to kick us off in the past :huh:

leethomas

Postby leethomas » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:57 pm

There's a new tannoy speaker and camera on the tower... it'll scare the life out of you when you hear it.... dogs barking, trespass warnings among others.......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:17 pm

leethomas wrote:There's a new tannoy speaker and camera on the tower... it'll scare the life out of you when you hear it.... dogs barking, trespass warnings among others.......

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

I had that on my last visit and ignored it as i was on the right side of the fence...no-one turned up and i would`nt move even if they did. :evil:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:55 pm

I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:57 pm

Big Kev wrote:I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

You need to give Fishermans Wharf a go. Cod coming out consistantly. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:00 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:I`m confident you boys would have snared a codling or two had they been around,so Plan B might be in order.....see how the winds go. :think:

You need to give Fishermans Wharf a go. Cod coming out consistantly. :thumbsup:

I`d rather take up country dancing than fish such marks..... :naughty:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:00 pm

I fancy an adventure so i`m off to Braystones beach,leaving at 1am Sunday...low water 5.10am,so looking to fish 4am til high at 10.50am.......One seat available at £15.....bit of broken ground around low water so expect to lose a rig or two....steep shingle beach on to sand from mid flood onwards.

Return to “Fishing Sessions”