Vale park this afternoon

If you are planning a fishing trip, then let us know the venue and the time, even add meeting place for others to catch up with you.

Moderator: John Petersen

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Vale park this afternoon

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:14 am

With the afternoon free, I will be walking out at 1. Any one else out. :D
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Vale park this afternoon

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:18 am

stephen atkinson wrote:With the afternoon free, I will be walking out at 1. Any one else out. :D

If I didn't have a million leads to make before Sunday. :roll: :roll:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
stephen atkinson wrote:With the afternoon free, I will be walking out at 1. Any one else out. :D

Do u need any more lead?
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:08 pm

Dyl wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:

Do u need any more lead?

Will give you a shout Dyl. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:39 pm

Ended up sacking vale, went to seaforth , had a couple of slack liners in the first hour. The fish where on then they where off, on closer inspection of my rig the hook points where not sharp as i only take a handful of things because of the hike, I had grabbed a couple of old rigs out my box instead of the new ones I had made the day before, in my haste as i was running a bit late, to get down to the beach..Might try again tomorrow with the new rigs,hooks. :oops:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:44 pm

They'll be waiting for you Ste. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:02 pm

hooks are cheap so only use them once :lol:
better look next time :D

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:40 pm

Tides seem fit for a LW Vale crack..
Gonna get some lug in and send it tomorrow.
Bring on the wind, waves and clouds!
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback Ray, Smoothound, Ballan Wrasse, Crucian, Goldfish, Mirror. Fresh: 10. Sea: 16.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:44 pm

Try circle hooks out Ste, I used them today and the fish were lip hooked yet locked on. Plus most came in on just the circle hook, saw the tip from a Mersey boat fisherman video.
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Roach, Bream, Gudgeon, Rudd, Perch, Huss, Dogfish, Pike, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, F1, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback Ray, Smoothound, Ballan Wrasse, Crucian, Goldfish, Mirror. Fresh: 10. Sea: 16.

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:10 am

starfish wrote:hooks are cheap so only use them once :lol:
better look next time :D

As I said I took me old rigs out my box in me rushing.

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:20 am

Tom wrote:Try circle hooks out Ste, I used them today and the fish were lip hooked yet locked on. Plus most came in on just the circle hook, saw the tip from a Mersey boat fisherman video.

I use them on me top hook tom on my up an over rigs and Sakuma manta xtra on the bottom the tings always seem to impale themselves on the top circle hook and mr coddo could see a free lunch and engulf it then the bottom Is free to do the business. in theory. Never happens though. :lol: :lol:

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:33 am

Tom wrote:Tides seem fit for a LW Vale crack..
Gonna get some lug in and send it tomorrow.
Bring on the wind, waves and clouds!

Worth a go Tom , gonna try and get out meself this north westerly just a bit to much for seaforth, wont be able to get it out in the channel early on. 8)

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm

I use them on me top hook tom on my up an over rigs and Sakuma manta xtra on the bottom the tings always seem to impale themselves on the top circle hook and mr coddo could see a free lunch and engulf it then the bottom Is free to do the business. in theory. Never happens though. :lol: :lol:[/quote]

Exactly the same score as me, Sakuma/Circle, can't wait till I see a well locked on codling with both hooks

Yeah when does it work :lol: I have tried a few times already with micro whiting, but they always seem to get nicked off my hook!

Return to “Fishing Sessions”