Round 7 Result and Report

A series of friendly matches for site members to enter.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 7 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:31 am

1st - Dale Edwards.....................132cm - 11 Points (£33)
2nd - Dave Radcliffe...................131cm - 10 Points (£22)
3rd - Rob Turner.......................100cm - 9 Points (£11)
4th - Dave Roberts.....................98cm - 8 Points
5th - Paul Argent.......................24cm - 7 Points
6th - Roy Schofield.....................0cm - 1 Point
6th - Ste Atkinson......................0cm - 1 Point
6th - Ste Trish...........................0cm - 1 Point
6th - Steve Duffy.......................0cm - 1 Point
6th - Stu Davies.........................0cm - 1 Point
6th - Gary Swift.........................0cm - 1 Point

Longest Specimen Fish Pool - Rob Turner - Smooth Hound 100cm.............64 Points (£11)

Round 7 saw us at Vale Park down and over low water on what was a grey and rainy Sunday afternoon. 11 Anglers turned out for this one with league leader Roy Schofield looking to protect or possibly extend his lead from the chasing Rob Turner and Dave Radcliffe.

Conditions looked good however it was clear from the off that the fishing was again going to be scratchy with bites few and far between from the 11 rods/

Thornback Ray were the bonus species for this match and first to strike was Dale Edwards with this nice fish to get himself off the mark................

Some people were targeting the Rays with bigger fish baits whilst others were trying to scratch around for any of the smaller species normally on offer at this venue. Dave Roberts then got himself in on the Ray action with this nice fish.........................

Rob Turner then continued his great form this Summer and again demonstrated his ability to catch specimen fish with this cracking Smooth Hound of 100cm to yet again take the Longest Specimen Fish Pool.........................

Dave Radcliffe then found a Thornback Ray and a Whiting to go with it meaning it was going to go right down to the wire for the overall win however Dale Edwards then found a second Ray to pip Dave Radcliffe by a single centimetre and take the overall win.

We now quickly move on to Round 8 this weekend at the T-Groyne.
2017 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Round 7 Result and Report

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:42 am

Another tough day. Well done to all that caught and well done to all that stayed well clear of their 15ft lightening conductors as the storm passed over. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:49 am

Strange how apart from the odd good fish things have been poor from Vale and Perch lately....we'll done Dale laa and to those who managed to catch
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Postby starfish » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:47 am

Well done all wish i could have made it

roy.s
Super Poster

Postby roy.s » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 am

Well done on the win Dale, and to those that caught :clap: :clap: :clap:
Superb hound for Vale that Rob. :love: :thumbsup:
All set up for another exciting end to the summer league again, :roll: :roll: :roll:
2018 species.......Codling, Whiting, 5 B Rockling, Dab, Plaice, Flounder, Pouting, Thornback ray, Starry smoothound, Common smoothound, Bass, Tub Gurnard, Lesser Weever, Tope pup, Dogfish, Silver eel
2017 species.......17

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:04 pm

Big Kev wrote:Strange how apart from the odd good fish things have been poor from Vale and Perch lately....we'll done Dale laa and to those who managed to catch

Been lots of dredging to make a turning circle for the big ships at the new docks Kev.
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:23 pm

Well done to all that caught see you all soon :thumbsup: it’s been an odd year on the fishing front :huh:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:47 pm

Well done Dale on the win on which turned out to be a hard days fishing in a stormy/mixed weather afternoon ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

codfarther71
Regular Poster

Postby codfarther71 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:26 am

Well done on the win Dale what can I say 1 bite 1 Fish good job it was a good one to keep me on Roy's heals. Thanks to dave for filling in are we fishing t groin or derby pool ?this Sunday.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:49 am

I think its still the T Groyne :think: :think:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:03 pm

codfarther71 wrote:Well done on the win Dale what can I say 1 bite 1 Fish good job it was a good one to keep me on Roy's heals. Thanks to dave for filling in are we fishing t groin or derby pool ?this Sunday.

T-Groyne :thumbsup: that’s why it says T-Groyne in the Fixtures and in the preview thread :lol:
2017 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:12 pm

Adam Roper wrote:
codfarther71 wrote:Well done on the win Dale what can I say 1 bite 1 Fish good job it was a good one to keep me on Roy's heals. Thanks to dave for filling in are we fishing t groin or derby pool ?this Sunday.

T-Groyne :thumbsup: that’s why it says T-Groyne in the Fixtures and in the preview thread :lol:

What he means is that there was a suggestion about moving venue as the results were sorted.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Return to “WSF Summer League 2018”