Re: Rules and Questions

A free fun competition for all site members to enter,which adds a bit more interest to your fishing sessions

Moderator: Shaun1118

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:49 pm

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against the lads on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2018.
Each species is awarded points as follows.
1st............................. 10pts
2nd............................. 8pts
3rd.............................. 6pts
4th.............................. 4pts
5th.............................. 2pt

Rules.
The game starts on January 1st and finishes on December 31st.
To submit a fish,simply P.M me with the following details,within 1 week of capture...species,date of capture,venue,weight and include a photo of the fish
The table will be continually updated as the month goes by,so if you catch a bigger fish than one you have previously submitted,it will replace that smaller fish

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written by yourself it doesnt need to be an essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.....3rd party submissions will not be accepted.
All fish must be submitted by no longer than 1 week of capture.
Boundaries are up to Workington,Cumbria and down to Barmouth,Wales...anywhere in between on the west coast counts,including Anglesey.
See table for list of species

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any questions just ask.
winter fishing sucks

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: Re: Rules and Questions

Postby starfish » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:11 pm

sounds fun kev i will have a pop at that
Starfish sea fishing. Youtube.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:01 pm

Tom wrote:Nice :D I look forward to trying to hit the target species as followed.

Any miscellaneous specimens in there like a sanitary product or DVD case also being logged?

Had some cracking fights off the sanitary species

San Prods only count if they're like Rays......and have wings. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Ranny715
Super Poster

Postby Ranny715 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:56 pm

Unfortunately new format is too impractical for me. Wouldn't have the time to seek out half the species and where you have to go to catch them. Think it also disadvantages non transport anglers.
Shame as really liked the current format where you could improve most of the listed species throughout the year.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:02 pm

Ranny715 wrote:Unfortunately new format is too impractical for me. Wouldn't have the time to seek out half the species and where you have to go to catch them.That`s what the site is for...meet up with other anglers and learn from them,although prob 8 species can be caught locally
Think it also disadvantages non transport anglers.Again it`s what the site is for...advertise your sessions and car share/juice share...as Gazz mentioned in one of his recent posts,it`s an expensive job going to Anglesey on your own
Shame as really liked the current format where you could improve most of the listed species throughout the year.As only 7 anglers have bothered this year,i doubt a change of format will upset too many people

I actually think it will give lads the incentive to get out and go for that particular species,rather than get it some other time,but we shall see.
winter fishing sucks

Ranny715
Super Poster

Re: Re: Rules and Questions

Postby Ranny715 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Hard to argue either way really. It's the month specific which puts the mockers on for me. My own sessions tend to be at fairly short notice and then I fish where conditions are favourable. Certainly don't have the time for a jaunt to Anglesey or the Lleyn. Disappointed to see only seven bothered this year so maybe it will work but as you say time will tell.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm

Apparently we are not even allowed to fish for bass until July,so let`s hope we don`t catch one by accident in May ;)
winter fishing sucks

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Big Kev wrote:Apparently we are not even allowed to fish for bass until July,so let`s hope we don`t catch one by accident in May ;)

Have they said how you're not to fish for Bass. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:13 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Big Kev wrote:Apparently we are not even allowed to fish for bass until July,so let`s hope we don`t catch one by accident in May ;)

Your comments always make me laugh Steve, enjoy your sense humour and view points on this forum.

I will try to add to the catches recorded this year, let’s hope 2018 is a great year for the fishing and some records are broken and PB achieved, fair play Kev for the admin involved in do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:

Millsy will be holding a seminar.....
winter fishing sucks

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 pm

Big Kev wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:

Millsy will be holding a seminar.....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:06 am

Good luck to everyone who does it in 2018, I won't be doing it as I'm not keen on the new format, 11 or more species off the list, it'll be interesting to see how it pans out.
Sea Fishing is the Dogs Danglies :D

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:16 pm

The game is on,so get out for those cod... :dance:
winter fishing sucks

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:35 am

Change of plan, I'll have a go at this years however it won't be on the same scale as last year, good luck everyone :thumbsup:
Sea Fishing is the Dogs Danglies :D

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:55 pm

GAZZ3R wrote:Change of plan, I'll have a go at this years however it won't be on the same scale as last year, good luck everyone :thumbsup:

I know you don`t like the new format Gazz,but it`s good to have you on board. My reasons for the change is to get lads to focus on a particular species and where is best to catch them within a strict time frame,rather than picking up certain species here and there throughout the year. If it does`nt get the interest,i`ll go back to something like the old format for 2019,though i will always add a twist somewhere along the way just to stop things from going stale.
winter fishing sucks

Return to “Specimen Trophy 2018”