Yesterday on the Mersey

Reports and info for those on the small boat scene
Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Yesterday on the Mersey

Postby Blue topaz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:37 pm

The warm airflow, small tide,light winds and daylight timings made Sunday 11th an ideal fishing day. My eldest came over from Leeds and we set off at daft o'clock to get prepared and for the lock out at 6.45.Wasnt expecting too much but a days just catching up with my son is enough incentive and any fish would be a bonus. The water was like a millpond as we set up on Plucky
About half an hour into the trip and a cracking pull down and decent scrap saw our first cod aboard
Peter had action all day but mainly dab, whiting( surprised how very few larger whiting were about) and flounder
Still on the ebb and another cod for me
Peter continued to be busy
The third cod was boated before the turn of the tide
A wonderful and memorable day.
It was good to see Ian Kell in the lock

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Re: Yesterday on the Mersey

Postby Godders123 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:39 pm

Excellent session. Good to see a few good fish coming out :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:06 pm

Tidy session Mike. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:29 pm

Thanks Steve and Graham, you always comment on my reports, want to ask a genuine question here, I have benefitted hugely( I mean hugely) form the advice from members of this site and one thing that I have learnt is that I should always try to put something back and that's why I post a report if I think it could be of interest to others or cause some debate or even prompt some p**s taking. This isn't about showing success or any other selfish/egocentric motive on my part and apart from yourselves, Tatch and Ian K ( sadly not appearing here now) and one or two others of good fishermen standing, there seems to be little appetite for these kinds of reports. As officials of this site what do you reckon and I will take your advice gladly?
Best wishes
Mike

John Petersen
The Prisoner

Postby John Petersen » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:09 am

I read 99% of posts on here. Very rarely though do I comment, unless I have something to contribute.

Personally I hate “good catch” posts or similar, as I read 99% of posts, as I said. So when a topic appears that I’ve already read and enjoyed I am disappointed to find “ good catch” , I would rather read another interesting post, such as “I fished there last week and had so and so” or “have you tried this bait there it works for me” or something interesting.

That’s why I don’t comment unless I have something interesting to add - except for this boring post, that is :)

I’ve always thought forums would benefit from a “like” button whereby we can show that we like your posts but doesn’t pop it back onto the forum as having a new post that we have to read to see that it’s just “nice catch” or similar.
I am not a number !

Questions are a burden to others, answers a prison for oneself.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Thanks for that John and can understand your view entirely. My main concern was whether there was sufficient interest in boat reports as I genuinely didn't want to post stuff up that was not of interest to the members, I am certainly not looking for 'likes' just wanted to contribute to this excellent forum. I have my answer and will continue to post until someone tells me otherwise. Best wishes, Mike

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Keep posting Mike. I do about 5 trips a year on the boat (first year having said that I haven’t been on the Mersey, and HH marina is a bit of a step back) but always good to read!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2018 Species:[12] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Pout, Eel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Yesterday on the Mersey

Postby Godders123 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:35 am

Please do keep the reports coming Mike, it’s always interesting to hear what’s being caught on the charters and small boats. And personally I’m very much an advocate of encouraging posts like “nice catch” and similar as they show an appreciation of the time taken by the poster of the report. Without such the forum would soon dry up due to folk questioning whether there’s an interest in the reports they post.
I look forward to your next report
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:48 am

Godders123 wrote:Please do keep the reports coming Mike, it’s always interesting to hear what’s being caught on the charters and small boats. And personally I’m very much an advocate of encouraging posts like “nice catch” and similar as they show an appreciation of the time taken by the poster of the report. Without such the forum would soon dry up due to folk questioning whether there’s an interest in the reports they post.
I look forward to your next report

I agree and take an interest in any type of fishing report :thumbsup: keep it up your reports are appreciated
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:58 am

Thanks Davie495 ,Godders 123and Dyl , like Steve Duffy, you have also given me the confidence that there is indeed interest and value in this section. Cheers.

Return to “Small Boats”