Monday 13th on the Mersey

Reports and info for those on the small boat scene
Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Monday 13th on the Mersey

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:27 pm

Chris and I cast off for a days fishing with the hope that the last spring tides had brought more cod into the river. After the winds on Sunday blowing off a lot of trips today was a different story with flat calm conditions in a 4mph wind which stayed pretty constant all day as did the cold temp.

The start was quite slow but Chris was first into the fish

the flow of fish wasn't red hot but a reasonable stream of whiting came aboard

and some ice doubles

Then came the reward we were looking for, caught an hour into the flood with a lug sausage- Mr Cod just over 6lbs my own Pb

As darkness fell and the low on the river started to really run we packed up retuning to the lock rafted up to Bad Boyz charter boat

and one final hold before watching the youtube how to fillet a cod video !!

A crackin day,thanks for your company Chris and for the supply of worm too.
P.s anybody with the Chinese hand warmers beware coz we nearly had a fire aboard as one decided to ignite into flame!!!

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Monday 13th on the Mersey

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Nice one Mike.Crackin fish. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Don't bother with that Chinese rubbish.Get a peacock hander warmer.Mine is on its 4th winter. A good fill has it going for 24 hours.As lads will verify you could cook your breakfast on it. :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:57 pm

thanks Steve and thanks for the tip- so just ordered one on fleabay- £19.49 sound about right?

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:58 pm

Blue topaz wrote:thanks Steve and thanks for the tip- so just ordered one on fleabay- £19.49 sound about right?

Not sure Mike.I ordered a standard size one but they were out of stock so they gave me a giant sized one for the same price. :dance: :dance: I put the max 3 capfulls in and it lasts for 24 hours. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Blue topaz wrote:thanks Steve and thanks for the tip- so just ordered one on fleabay- £19.49 sound about right?

Not sure Mike.I ordered a standard size one but they were out of stock so they gave me a giant sized one for the same price. :dance: :dance: I put the max 3 capfulls in and it lasts for 24 hours. :thumbsup:

looking forwards to receiving it, even though I spend most of my days outdoors- cold fingers is an issue and can spoil it.

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:48 pm

Blue topaz wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:

looking forwards to receiving it, even though I spend most of my days outdoors- cold fingers is an issue and can spoil it.

I bought mine direct from
http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/
Hopefully the ebay ones will be the same.I find I have to replace the catylyst burner once a year.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:09 pm

Steve Duffy wrote:
Blue topaz wrote:
Steve Duffy wrote:

I bought mine direct from
http://www.peacockhandwarmers.co.uk/
Hopefully the ebay ones will be the same.I find I have to replace the catylyst burner once a year.

thanks Steve yeah looks the same- I love the idea of the 22 crt version :lol:

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:39 pm

Nice fish Mike :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Blue topaz
Obsessed Poster

Postby Blue topaz » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Thanks Godders

Return to “Small Boats”