MANNIN AGLING CLUB 60TH ANGLING FESTIVAL 2011.

Details of local clubs and Associations in your area, if giving out details, please include as much information as possible.
jamie316

MANNIN AGLING CLUB 60TH ANGLING FESTIVAL 2011.

Postby jamie316 » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:13 pm

The Mannin angling club in the Isle of man will be celibrating it's 60th anniversary this year and there annual week long comps both on land and sea will be a very special one . There is prize money totaling £2,000 up for grabs on both private and charter boats ,each day there is prize money down to 6th place . If any one on this site might be interested in coming to the festival and needs more information then please either e-mail manninanglingonline@hotmail.com or log onto their web site at www.manninanglingclub.co.uk for all the details on how to enter and the club is doing an awful ammount of work with the Steam packet company to try and get some deals on the ferry to get you here .

On the other hand if you want to bring your own boat over or come on a charter boat you will all be made most welcome ,last year we had a largecharter boat over from anglesy which i think as we speak is coming again this year as they enjoyed it so much .I do know that boat fishing monthly's Dave barham is going to attend and the new feature for this year if its your bag is that the club is also having a kyack comp on the 1st day of the festival .

I hope that this might have wetted some appitites for some of you .

Jamie316. :thumbsup:
I AM THE TAKER OF SOULS ,WHICH ONE WILL BE FIRST

svenbren
tope hunter

Re: MANNIN AGLING CLUB 60TH ANGLING FESTIVAL 2011.

Postby svenbren » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:13 pm

;) nice one you can post all details on here so readers can see it if it helps ;)
i for one is interested in this ;)
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

jamie316

Postby jamie316 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:26 pm

As requestedall details required

The 60th Mannin Angling Club Festival 2011

Port St Mary

Isle Of Man

Saturday 23rd July- Friday 29th July

Inclusive.

Steam Packet IOM

sponsored by IOM Tourist Board.

2011 will be the Mannin Angling Clubs 60th anniversary festival, it has been running successfully since 1951.

With it being a special occasion, we are intending to introduce some new things to the format. The Festival will stay the same as the previous year,but with a few added extras. We will also be sticking to a complete catch and release event.

On the first day (Saturday 23rd July) we intend to try out a new idea of having a kayak fishing comp. Details are still to be finalised, but the intention is to hold it from Port Erin Bay subject to weather. The shore competition will still take place on Saturday as well as the kayak comp.

The rest of the event will run much the same as the year before. But through out the week of boat fishing, we are going to introduce tagging (Tope/Bull Huss/Spurdog). It will be voluntary, with all boats having the option of tagging the fish through the event.

More Details will be added shortly.

Kayak Competition

Saturday 23rd July 2011. Port Erin Bay, Species competition. Details are being finalised and will be posted soon.

Shore competitions

Saturday 23rd July Port St Mary Breakwater. Pegged comp, measure and return. Times to be announced.

Friday 29th July Port Erin Bay. Rover competition, species and longest fish. Times to be announced

Boat competitons private and charter.

Sunday 24th July, species competition 10am-4pm

Monday 25th July, measure and return points competition 10am-4pm

Tuesday 26th July, species competition 10am-4pm

Wednesday 27th July, measure and return 10am-4pm

Thursday 28th July, species competition 10am-4pm

There will be an entry fee of £4 per competition (boat and shore). Charter boat fees are extra and charged at £5 per hour (£30 per comp

Prizes to the value of £2000.

Daily prizes awarded for each competition.

Boat competitions prizes down to 6th place

Shore competition prizes down to 6th place

Trophies for both shore and boat competitions will be awarded to Gents, Ladies and Juniors

Isle of man entrants must be Mannin Angling Club Members

Contact us at manninanglingonline@hotmail.com

If you want festival entry form please feel free to request a form from either club secretary Beryl (07624) 427819 or the treasurer Bob (07624) 483328.

Jamie316
I AM THE TAKER OF SOULS ,WHICH ONE WILL BE FIRST

svenbren
tope hunter

Postby svenbren » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:03 pm

;) thanks for the info jamie
do you need a scaffold i can supply and erect tube and fitting/mobile fixed pasma scaffolds

Return to “Local Clubs & Associations”