Round 4 Result and Report

A series of matches where the 2 fish rule gives everyone a good chance of winning,making it an ideal starting point for newcomers to match angling.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 4 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:40 pm

1st - Roy Schofield..............66cm - 11 Points (£60)
1st - Paul Tucker................66cm - 11 Points (£60)
3rd - Stu Davies..................65cm - 9 Points (£24)
4th - Ben Dobson.................64cm - 8 Points
5th - Dave Radcliffe.............63cm - 7 points
5th - Ste Atkinson................63cm - 7 Points
5th - Dale Edwards...............63cm - 7 Points
8th - Lee Hobbs...................62cm - 4 Points
8th - Wayne Kirby................62cm - 4 Points
10th - John Norman..............61cm - 2 Points
10th - Rob Turner.................61cm - 2 Points
12th - Adam Roper................60cm - 1 Point
12th - Steve Duffy.................60cm - 1 Point
12th - Jordan Roberts............60cm - 1 Point
12th - Mike Davis..................60cm - 1 Point
12th - Paul Argent.................60cm - 1 Point
17th - Stu Baker....................59cm - 1 Point
18th - Richie Fisher................58cm - 1 Point
19th - Maerig Darley...............39cm - 1 Point
20th - Dave Roberts................38cm - 1 Point
21st - Gary Swift....................33cm - 1 Point
22nd - Jeff White...................32cm - 1 Point
22nd - Dylan Kensall................32cm - 1 Point
24th - Mick McAloon................30cm - 1 Point

Longest Fish Pool - Stu Davies........Whiting 40cm (£24)

Round 4 saw us back at a much calmer afternoon which meant there was no requirement for a blow off venue this time around and 24 anglers would be making their way out behind the fort in search of Rays, Dogs, Codling, Whiting, Flounder and Dabs for the flat and round combo needed to be in the mix for the points and the win.

There were already a few pleasure anglers on the beach so we made our way down and spaced out along the stretch and everyone got ready to go as the sun began to set behind us............................

There were plenty of fish from the off with Whiting being the main species hitting the beach and there were some good fish being taken too. Roy Schofield found a nice fish of 39cm to get a decent round fish on his card whilst Dave Radcliffe was not far behind with another good Whiting of 38cm. There were also a few people who got the sought after in-size flat on the card including Rob Turner with this 25cm Dab..................

There were no Codling to be seen and no Dogs either until Paul Tucker found the only one of the day to give himself the 40cm for his round fish and also give himself a good platform to challenge for the overall win. As the light faded the Whiting continued to feed in force and the specimen fish kept coming, first to Maerig Darley with this 39cm fish............................

And then to Stu Davies who went one centimeter better with this 40cm fish which was enough for him to take the longest fish pool on the day................

Ben Dobson then once again showed why this format is so exciting and interesting to fish taking this double shot of 31cm Dab and 33cm Whiting to put himself right in the mix going into the last hour.........................

Up the other end of the beach Roy Schofield and Paul Tucker were battling it out for the win and with only one centimeter difference between their round fish it was going to come down to the wire and with Roy finding the centimeter back on his 27cm Dab against Paul Tuckers 26cm fish they could not be separated and they took the joint win with Stu Davies right on their heels in third place. Disappointingly no Rays showed but it is now on to Round 5 back at Vale Park.
2017 Species

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: Round 4 Result and Report

Postby starfish » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm

a well run match and a very good turn out with a very close result well done too all. :thumbsup:

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:14 pm

well done paul ,roy and stu plenty fish and nice weather and a sizable flat at last for me thank god.

zippie01
Obsessed Poster

Postby zippie01 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:21 pm

Well done guys, really missing the fishing :cry:
2017:Whiting,Codling,Dab

codfarther71
Regular Poster

Postby codfarther71 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:29 pm

Well fished Roy and Paul pretty close match in the end. Thanks Adam for organising another excellent match.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 pm

Good competition with lots of fish caught and not too much length separating the pack. Really enjoyed this one!
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse Eel Bass

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:43 pm

Great match as usual with everyone in with a chance till the end. :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: A few cms and you went from zero to hero.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Ranny715
Super Poster

Postby Ranny715 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:49 pm

Well done on the win Roy :clap: Didn't realise you had won as was searching for my truck keys which I eventually found stuck in the straps of my tackle box :think:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:50 pm

As most of you probably noticed the flow was horibble once the tide turned.Well today I have been in the lead laboratory and produced some mini uptiders of 4 and 5 oz which would stop a tugboat in its tracks.All for 1.5 beer tokens.Let me know. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:23 pm

Sounds like another nail biter of a match...well done Paul n Roy on the win....great report and turn out again.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:08 pm

Sillybooker wrote:Well Roy and Paul. Fantastic match, with results being really close among most of the anglers. See you all at round 5 which will most likely be another close match as far as the results go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Logged backed in as Paul Argent, sorry for any confusion between my accounts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

roy.s
Super Poster

Postby roy.s » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:18 pm

Great report as usual Adam.
Good turnout, no blanks, decent weather, some stonking whiting and a very tight match !! :thumbsup:
2018 species.......Codling, Whiting, 5 B Rockling, Dab, Plaice, Flounder, Pouting, Thornback ray, Starry smoothound, Common smoothound, Bass, Tub Gurnard, Lesser Weever, Tope pup,
2017 species.......17

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Well done Roy, Paul and Stu. An incredibly close match that one!
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

King cod

Postby King cod » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:34 pm

Great report as always. Good very close match well done Paul and Roy.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

seaangler
Obsessed Poster

Postby seaangler » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:38 pm

Well done to everyone who fished the match and to the winners. Such a tightly fought contest. Looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:
If people concentrated on the REALLY important things in life....... There would be a shortage of fishing rods and reels

Return to “WSF Winter League 2017”