Round 2 Result and Report

A series of matches where the 2 fish rule gives everyone a good chance of winning,making it an ideal starting point for newcomers to match angling.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:12 am

1st - Graeme Stuart..............60cm - 11 Points (£87)
2nd - Adam Roper................58cm - 10 Points (£58)
3rd - Gaz Taylor...................51cm - 9 Points (£29)
4th - Paul Tucker.................44cm - 8 Points
5th - Stu Davies...................43cm - 7 Points
6th - Gary Swift...................40cm - 6 Points
7th - Roy Schofield...............38cm - 5 Points
7th - Dave Radcliffe..............38cm - 5 Points
7th - Stu Baker....................38cm - 5 Points
7th - Rob Turner..................38cm - 5 Points
11th - Lee Hobbs..................35cm - 1 Point
11th - Ste Atkinson...............35cm - 1 Point
13th - Mike Davis..................34cm - 1 Point
13th - Jeff White..................34cm - 1 Point
15th - Steve Duffy.................33cm - 1 Point
15th - Dave McCreedy............33cm - 1 Point
17th - Dylan Kensall..............32cm - 1 Point
17th - Brian Roper................32cm - 1 Point
17th - Dave Roberts..............32cm - 1 Point
17th - Dale Edwards..............32cm - 1 Point
21st - Andy Wilmore..............31cm - 1 Point
22nd - Jordan Roberts............30cm - 1 Point
23rd - Paul Argent.................28cm - 1 Point
23rd - Maerig Darley..............28cm - 1 Point
25th - Mick McAloon...............26cm - 1 Point
25th - Ian Welsh...................26cm - 1 Point
25th - Ben Dobson.................26cm - 1 Point
28th - Rich Parker...................0cm - 1 Point
28th - Richie Fisher.................0cm - 1 Point

Longest Fish Pool - Graeme Stuart - Codling 60cm. (£29)

Round 2 of this years WSF Winter League saw another excellent turn out with 29 anglers making the line up on what was a glorious autumn afternoon. Bright sunshine and no breeze made the walk down the stretch to peg it quite enjoyable even though it is a bit of a trek. We had to peg around a few anglers that were already fishing however I got the stretch pegged out and made the walk back to the car park for the draw.

This was the first match where we had used an app to randomly draw the pegs and it worked really well and everyone made their way down to their peg to get set up. Such was the excitement and haste I did not get chance to get the customary team photo for this one!

All in was called at 14:00 just as the tide started to flood and we were underway..........................

As is usual here the Codling normally show in the early part of the flood and first cast saw me take this nice long fish at 58cm and bang on 4lb in weight.......................

That was pretty much the perfect start and saw the dab rigs chucked out straight away in search of that ever elusive flat fish at this venue. A few other lads found Codling in the first hour including Lee Hobbs, Dave Radcliffe and Stu Davies as well as Paul Tucker who got himself on the board with this 44cm fish................................

There was then some commotion down at the far end of the stretch where Graeme Stuart had a fish that required the drop-net to be used so Dave Roberts sprang into action to assist. It was all too much for Dylan Kensall who couldn't watch whilst he held onto Dave....................

After some expert teamwork the fish was in the drop net and hoisted up the wall to safety and it was a really good fish of 60cm and 5lb 8oz which was enough to give Graeme the lead in the match at the half way stage........................

Into the second half of the match and predictably the Whiting came onto the feed in force which was a blessing for some who still needed to get a round fish on their cards and a curse for others who were trying to find that dab needle in the Whiting haystack! Never the less it saw everyone pretty much in with a shout if anyone could find a flat fish however sadly nobody could do so meaning it was going to come down to a single biggest fish shoot out.

As the light faded we were treated to a gorgeous sunset as we went into the last hour........................

Gaz Taylor was on the end peg by the jetty and had not managed to find a Codling however with half an hour left he then saw himself shoot up the leaderboard with this 51cm Thornback Ray which would be enough to take him into the top 3 and into the money.....................

Another really well attended and competitive match. We now move back to the Wirral side of the river for Round 3 at Perch Rock.
2017 Species

starfish
Obsessed Poster

Re: Round 2 Result and Report

Postby starfish » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:42 am

Well done to all that attended.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:46 pm

Grand report Ad laaaaaaaaaaaaa...well done on the win Graeme,that`s a nice coddo
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:26 pm

Crackin report Adam and well done on the Codling. Well done on the win Graham, that was a belter, just to add I did manage a codling but only 30 summat cm, looking forward to the next Match :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

codfarther71
Regular Poster

Postby codfarther71 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:43 pm

Adam Roper wrote:1st - Graeme Stuart..............60cm - 11 Points (£87)
2nd - Adam Roper................58cm - 10 Points (£58)
3rd - Gaz Taylor...................51cm - 9 Points (£29)
4th - Paul Tucker.................44cm - 8 Points
5th - Stu Davies...................43cm - 7 Points
6th - Gary Swift...................40cm - 6 Points
7th - Roy Schofield...............38cm - 5 Points
7th - Dave Radcliffe..............38cm - 5 Points
7th - Stu Baker....................38cm - 5 Points
7th - Rob Turner..................38cm - 5 Points
11th - Lee Hobbs..................35cm - 1 Point
11th - Ste Atkinson...............35cm - 1 Point
13th - Mike Davis..................34cm - 1 Point
13th - Jeff White..................34cm - 1 Point
15th - Steve Duffy.................33cm - 1 Point
15th - Dave McCreedy............33cm - 1 Point
17th - Dylan Kensall..............32cm - 1 Point
17th - Brian Roper................32cm - 1 Point
17th - Dave Roberts..............32cm - 1 Point
17th - Dale Edwards..............32cm - 1 Point
21st - Andy Wilmore..............31cm - 1 Point
22nd - Jordan Roberts............30cm - 1 Point
23rd - Paul Argent.................28cm - 1 Point
23rd - Maerig Darley..............28cm - 1 Point
25th - Mick McAloon...............26cm - 1 Point
25th - Ian Welsh...................26cm - 1 Point
25th - Ben Dobson.................26cm - 1 Point
28th - Rich Parker...................0cm - 1 Point
28th - Richie Fisher.................0cm - 1 Point

Longest Fish Pool - Graeme Stuart - Codling 60cm. (£29)

Round 2 of this years WSF Winter League saw another excellent turn out with 29 anglers making the line up on what was a glorious autumn afternoon. Bright sunshine and no breeze made the walk down the stretch to peg it quite enjoyable even though it is a bit of a trek. We had to peg around a few anglers that were already fishing however I got the stretch pegged out and made the walk back to the car park for the draw.

This was the first match where we had used an app to randomly draw the pegs and it worked really well and everyone made their way down to their peg to get set up. Such was the excitement and haste I did not get chance to get the customary team photo for this one!

All in was called at 14:00 just as the tide started to flood and we were underway..........................

As is usual here the Codling normally show in the early part of the flood and first cast saw me take this nice long fish at 58cm and bang on 4lb in weight.......................

That was pretty much the perfect start and saw the dab rigs chucked out straight away in search of that ever elusive flat fish at this venue. A few other lads found Codling in the first hour including Lee Hobbs, Dave Radcliffe and Stu Davies as well as Paul Tucker who got himself on the board with this 44cm fish................................

There was then some commotion down at the far end of the stretch where Graeme Stuart had a fish that required the drop-net to be used so Dave Roberts sprang into action to assist. It was all too much for Dylan Kensall who couldn't watch whilst he held onto Dave....................

After some expert teamwork the fish was in the drop net and hoisted up the wall to safety and it was a really good fish of 60cm and 5lb 8oz which was enough to give Graeme the lead in the match at the half way stage........................

Into the second half of the match and predictably the Whiting came onto the feed in force which was a blessing for some who still needed to get a round fish on their cards and a curse for others who were trying to find that dab needle in the Whiting haystack! Never the less it saw everyone pretty much in with a shout if anyone could find a flat fish however sadly nobody could do so meaning it was going to come down to a single biggest fish shoot out.

As the light faded we were treated to a gorgeous sunset as we went into the last hour........................

Gaz Taylor was on the end peg by the jetty and had not managed to find a Codling however with half an hour left he then saw himself shoot up the leaderboard with this 51cm Thornback Ray which would be enough to take him into the top 3 and into the money.....................

Another really well attended and competitive match. We now move back to the Wirral side of the river for Round 3 at Perch Rock.
Excellent report Adam well done graeme on the win nice Fish note to anyone using the new mersey gateway stung me for £6.oo won't be going that way again

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 pm

enjoyed that... never have i been so eager to catch a 20cm Dab!!! :x

good report - looking forwards to Perch...

Rob - £6?? what were you driving? a bus?!!?
Stu

2018 Species:[12] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel, Pout, Eel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:49 pm

Another well run but difficult match :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: Next year the person who submits the best drawing of a flatfish will take the points. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Lee1
Super Poster

Postby Lee1 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:03 pm

Top report and top win for Graeme :thumbsup:

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:24 pm

davie495 wrote:enjoyed that... never have i been so eager to catch a 20cm Dab!!! :x

good report - looking forwards to Perch...

Rob - £6?? what were you driving? a bus?!!?

Or even a 25cm dab Stu :doh:
20cm was the summer league :thumbsup:

Great match two nice looking and good sized Cod.
Great report and well organised as ever Adam

Plus the nice change of scenery looking over towards Moel Famau
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

parky1991
Regular Poster

Postby parky1991 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Definitely the worst fishing session I've ever had with a massive blank and losing all my gear (8 rigs+weights) to a snag at every distance, but still nice to be out and glad to have done just as well as the great richie fisher hahaha (nice one to the bloke on peg 13 that lent me a rig to get to me the end of the match, can't remember your name sorry).
Engineer, Part Time Rockstar and all round Good Egg.

parky1991
Regular Poster

Postby parky1991 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:06 am

Anyway, 2 sessions at perch rock, this is where i come into my own, watch out y'all ;) haha
Engineer, Part Time Rockstar and all round Good Egg.

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:25 am

Congratulations to Graham Stuart on the win. I was fishing next to him and my plan was to "Go big or go home"...... I got home safely thanks lads! Haha!
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Eel Bass G Weever Palometa Bream Butterfly Ray

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:18 pm

well done the winners and adam for running it. great turn out long may it continue.

Paul Argent
Obsessed Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Tue Oct 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Well done Graham on the win and in catching a nice Cod.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:40 pm

Good to see some quality coddos and raymondos coming out during the match.
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Return to “WSF Winter League 2017”