Round 9 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 9 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:09 pm

1st - Adam Roper................479cm (7 Dogfish, 3 Dabs, 1 Plaice, 1 Bull Huss)........................11 Points
2nd - Roy Schofield............. 239cm (5 Dabs, 2 Dogfish, 1 Plaice).................................10 Points
3rd - Dave Roberts..............190cm (4 Dogfish, 1 Whiting)..........................................9 Points
4th - Stu Davies..................169cm (1 Thornback Ray, 1 Dab, 1 Dogfish)........................8 Points
5th - Dave Radcliffe.............168cm (1 Thornback Ray, 1 Plaice, 1 Flounder, 1 Dogfish)......7 Points
6th - Jordan Roberts.............51cm (1 Dab, 1 Flounder)............................................6 Points
7th - Paul Argent.................46cm (2 Dabs).........................................................5 Points
8th - Dylan Kensall...............40cm (1 Dogfish).....................................................4 Points
8th - Jeff White..................40cm (1 Dogfish).....................................................4 Points
8th - Dale Edwards...............40cm (1 Dogfish).....................................................4 Points
11th - Rob Turner.................22cm (1 Gurnard)...................................................1 Point
12th - Steve Duffy.................0cm...................................................................1 Point
12th - Graeme Stuart.............0cm...................................................................1 Point

Specimen Fish Pool...........Adam Roper 94cm Bull Huss - 66 Points.

Round 9 saw 13 of us arrive at a very windy Perch Rock for the penultimate round of this years Summer League. The wind was howling down the river and this saw us all getting into suits and waders double quickly. Pictures were done in relative shelter of the car park. Here are the runners and riders who lined up today.................

First up was Roy Schofield...................

Followed by Rob Turner.......................

Stu Davies was looking forward to a less tackle heavy match after his escapades in Holyhead last week.................

Jordan Roberts was ready to go..................

Steve Duffy was back in the ranks on home soil.................

Paul Argent was also back after missing the last one................

Dave Roberts was next up....................

Jeff White was also back after missing the last one.............

Dale Edwards was calmness personified..................

Graeme Stuart was next man up.................

Dave Radcliffe was next up.................

Dylan Kensall made it with seconds to spare.............

We made our way out onto the beach and got set up and ready to go. The wind was blowing straight down river which would make casting difficult but undeterred 13 baited rigs went skywards and we got underway...................

First cast saw me take a double shot of Plaice and Dogfish whilst further up the beach Roy Schofield was into Dabs early on too. The fishing was slow for many with only the odd fish coming onto the beach.

I was managing to keep a fairly constant stream of fish going in the form of Dogfish including a double shot and one that was worthy of weighing at bang on 3lb on the scales.

Thornback Ray's were the bonus species for this match and it was 90 minutes in before one finally showed. Dave Radcliffe was the man to take it and give himself the double length.......................

A few people now had fish on their card with Dave Roberts and Stu Davies also chasing down Roy Schofield and myself as we passed halfway as the tide reached low water.

Stu Davies then got a cracking bite which saw his Airspeed hoop over. A good fight followed and the end result was this cracking 8lb 2oz Ray which measured 53cm.....................

I decided to put a bigger fish bait out to see if I could find one myself as I could see Roy Schofield further up the beach still ticking his card over. I didn't have to wait long for a good bite of my own and I bent into what felt like a decent fish straight away. It didn't feel like a Ray as I could feel its head shaking all the way in. As it broke the surface Dave Roberts shouted Huss! It was a good one too at 9lb 8oz and measured 94cm.................

A few more Dabs and Dogfish were caught and that was that. All in came just in time as the flood was now in full force and holding bottom was difficult.

We now go to the final Round in three weeks time at Kingslake Road.

The overall standings and Leaderboard will be updated tomorrow.
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Round 9 Result and Report

Postby Big Kev » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:57 pm

Crackin huss Adam laaaaaaaaaaa,you never know the minute in the Mersey...well done on the win and another great report...full marks to all who turned out in the poor conditions.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:09 pm

nice report Adam and a belter of a huss... question is... who is Stu Jones? he looks a lot like Stu Davies

thanks to Rob for shouting "heads up" as i was busy watching Dave Rob tying a Bimini twist!!!
Stu

2018 Species:[10] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder, Smoothound, Garfish, Pollock, Mackerel

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:26 pm

Cracking Huss Adam. :clap: :clap:

Well done to all on a grim day. It was good to have a walk along and say hello to some old and new faces.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ranny715
Super Poster

Postby Ranny715 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:58 pm

Couple of great fish there considering the conditions. Hopefully joining the winter league coming up.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:15 pm

Two cracking fish there, well done Adam and Stu.

Well done also to Adam for a convincing win :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:03 am

Great report Adam and well done on the win. :clap: :clap: It was grim down my end of the beach with myself and Graham failing to get a single bite. :huh:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:09 am

Well fished Adam you made it look so easy .perch always has a habit of throwing surprises up fantastic huss .that wind and blowing sand was a pain in the bottom .still got sand in my eyes .well done the winners down to the wire on the last match good luck all.

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Have to agree nice Huss and Ray :clap: :clap:

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:50 pm

Great report Adam, :thumbsup: and a cracking huss from the shore, and also stu great ray mate. :clap: :clap:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:42 pm

Great report Adam and well done on the Huss, fantastic catch. Great venue and really enjoyed the meeting and catching up with everybody. See you all again in Round 10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”