Round 8 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 8 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:17 pm

1st - Rob Turner...............224cm (4 Dabs, 1 Thornback Ray, 1 Whiting, 1 Flounder)............11 Points
2nd - Adam Roper.............203cm (5 Dabs, 3 Whiting)................................................10 Points
3rd - Gary Swift...............194cm (7 Dabs, 1 Whiting).................................................9 Points
4th - Roy Schofield...........159cm (6 Dabs)..............................................................8 Points
5th - Dave Roberts............122cm (2 Dabs, 1 Thornback Ray, 1 Whiting)..........................7 Points
6th - Dave Phillipson..........100cm (1 Thornback Ray, 1 Dab, 1 Flounder).........................6 Points
7th - Dave Radcliffe...........97cm (2 Dabs, 2 Whiting).................................................5 Points
8th - Graeme Stuart...........92cm (2 Dabs, 1 Dogfish).................................................4 Points
9th - Andy Wilmore............51cm (2 Dabs)..............................................................3 Points
9th - Jordan Roberts...........51cm (2 Dabs).............................................................3 Points
11th - Wayne Kirby.............50cm (2 Dabs).............................................................1 Point
12th - Ste Atkinson..............26cm (1 Whiting)........................................................1 Point
13th - Dale Edwards.............0cm.......................................................................1 Point

Specimen Fish Pool................Rob Turner - Thornback Ray 54cm

Round 8 saw us back at Talacre for the second time in this years Summer League after a fish filled first visit in June of this year. Smooth Hound were again the bonus species for the match.

As we arrived we were dealt our first blow of the day with the normal beach car park closed with the gate locked meaning that everyone had to fall back into the pay and display car park 200 yards from the beach which both increased the already long walk and decreased the amount of pound coins in everyone's pockets!

Un-deterred we made our way over to the beach and got ready for the long walk out. It was at this point I should have done the photo's however I didn't so that would be even more walking for me when we got down to the beach!

We all made our way down and got lined up and I then went for yet another walk to get the mug shots done. Here is how we lined up from the Green buoy up river..............

Dale Edwards was first up......................

Followed by Dave Roberts who was hoping for better fortune after a morning blank at Mostyn................

Followed by Jordan Roberts................

And then Andy Wilmore.....................

Followed by League Leader Dave Radcliffe....................

Gary Swift was ready to go....................

Graeme Stuart had made it down to the water a lot easier this time...............

Ste Atkinson was back in line after missing the Greenfield outing..............

I was next up and then Rob Turner was to my right........................

And then came another debutant to the Summer League Dave Phillipson....................

Wayne Kirby was next up........................

And last man in line was Roy Schofield....................

All in came and we got underway. The first half an hour was slow going with a strong tidal run coupled with horrendous amounts of weed which combined meant that only a few fish saw dry land early on. Roy Schofield got off to a good start with a couple of Dabs and Rob Turner, Gary Swift and myself also found a couple of fish for the card. Graeme Stuart also found a dogfish to get himself on the board.

Disappointingly no Smooth Hound showed for anyone and as we approached low water the run slowed up which would give any Rays that might be present the opportunity to feed. The first man to find one was Dave Phillipson.....................

Rob Turner then went one better and hooked a Ray of his own that took off down tide and saw Rob following the fish down river under three or four rods before eventually beaching this thick set cracking fish of 54cm and bang on 8lb.........................

Dave Roberts was down at the quieter end of the beach but it didn't stop him getting involved in the Ray action himself with this fish................

Dabs and Whiting now began to feed a bit more consistently going into the last hour which made for a really close and exciting fishing with myself, Gary Swift, Roy Schofield and Rob Turner all in contention for the win. I took a double shot of Whiting on my penultimate cast to get my nose in front only to see Rob find a Flounder to get himself back in front and take his first and very well deserved win in the league.
2017 Species

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Re: Round 8 Result and Report

Postby Paul Argent » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:29 pm

Well done Rob on your win!! Great report Adam hope to see you all at Perch Rock in a couple of weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Well done Rob. :clap: :clap: Great report Adam. :thumbsup: I will be back at Perch.Expect nightmare parking if the weather is half decent. :evil: It gets chocker on a Sunday even if its lashing down. :confused:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:45 pm

well done to the winners good to see some rays out see you at perch

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:24 pm

Well done on the win Rob...rounded off a good day for you. Can`t say i agree with non registered anglers fishing the matches late on in the league as it takes points off the regulars.....if that`s gunna be the case in the winter league,then i`m out.
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

codfarther71
Regular Poster

Postby codfarther71 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:50 pm

I can only apologise I don't want to upset the regulars im not after points just want to learn and add some money to the pot for who ever wins i really enjoy fishing with the lads from the forum and find everyone friendly and helpful

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:03 pm

codfarther71 wrote:I can only apologise I don't want to upset the regulars im not after points just want to learn and add some money to the pot for who ever wins i really enjoy fishing with the lads from the forum and find everyone freindly and helpful

You are registered Rob so that`s not a problem....fish as many or as little of the matches that you want to as long as you`re registered....my concern is with anglers who are not registered. I don`t want to start world war 3 over it,that`s just my view on it and if i`m in a minority of 1 i can quite happily live with that.
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm

Well in On your first win Rob, cracking raymondo too :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:50 pm

Big Kev wrote:
codfarther71 wrote:I can only apologise I don't want to upset the regulars im not after points just want to learn and add some money to the pot for who ever wins i really enjoy fishing with the lads from the forum and find everyone freindly and helpful

You are registered Rob so that`s not a problem....fish as many or as little of the matches that you want to as long as you`re registered....my concern is with anglers who are not registered. I don`t want to start world war 3 over it,that`s just my view on it and if i`m in a minority of 1 i can quite happily live with that.

I thought it was in the rules Kev:
In order to qualify to take part, you must be a regular poster on the forum, submit regular reports on the front page, or regularly fish or bait collect etc with other site members.
Nothing against guest anglers joining in the matches, I brought Terry to a few in the winter, he had a great time, as everyone does :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Dyl
Super Poster

Postby Dyl » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:18 am

Well done Rob great win I bet your are buzzing :clap: :clap: see you all at Perch
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
Cod, Ting, massive Turbot!

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:39 am

Big Kev wrote:Well done on the win Rob...rounded off a good day for you. Can`t say i agree with non registered anglers fishing the matches late on in the league as it takes points off the regulars.....if that`s gunna be the case in the winter league,then i`m out.

I respect your opinion Kev and your honesty. I am in the camp that whenever there is an opportunity to get some new faces involved I don't want the fact that they haven't put their name on the list to stop them joining the league and adding to the numbers. There are plenty of people who did register this year and have still only fished one or two matches and potentially taken points off people who have fished every week, the only difference being their name was on a list on this forum. The rules are the same for everyone once the match starts and as long as people pay their £7 then I am happy to give them a chance. Of course if anyone breaks any of the rules or behaves in a way that is not in line with the spirit of the leagues under my watch then I won't have a problem dealing with them but like I say I would like to take every opportunity to increase numbers and keep the interest going :thumbsup:
2017 Species

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 am

Well done on the win Rob laaa. A cracking Raymondo aswell mate, it was a close match right to the end. :thumbsup:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

graeme stuart
Regular Poster

Postby graeme stuart » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Well done on the win Rob, and everybody who fished. Really enjoyed the match with the lead changing every few minutes and non stop banter! Another well run match and report Adam. Thanks

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”