Round 6 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 6 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:44 pm

1st - Adam Roper.................562cm (12 Dabs, 8 Whiting, 1 Sole, 1 Thornback Ray)........11 Points
2nd - Dave Radcliffe.............431cm (13 Whiting, 2 Dabs, 1 Gurnard).........................10 Points
3rd - Roy Schofield...............367cm (8 Whiting, 7 Dabs)..........................................9 Points
4th - Stu Davies...................359cm (11 Whiting, 3 Gurnard)....................................8 Points
5th - Dave Roberts................328cm (9 Whiting, 3 Dabs, 1 Gurnard)...........................7 Points
6th - Ste Atkinson.................236cm (1 Smooth Hound, 1 Thornback Ray, 1 Gurnard)......6 Points
7th - Rob Turner..................156cm (3 Whiting, 3 Dabs).........................................5 Points
8th - Wayne Kirby.................84cm (2 Whiting, 1 Dab)...........................................4 Points
9th - Dale Edwards................80cm (2 Dabs, 1 Whiting)..........................................3 Points
10th - Andy Wilmore..............69cm (2 Dabs, 1 Gurnard).........................................2 Points
11th - Gary Swift..................58cm (2 Whiting)...................................................1 Point
12th - Jeff White..................53cm (2 Whiting)...................................................1 Point
13th - Dylan Kensall..............25cm (1 Whiting)...................................................1 Point
14th - Paul Argent................22cm (1 Dab)........................................................1 Point
15th - Richie FIsher...............0cm..................................................................1 Point

Specimen Fish Pool - Adam Roper...............Sole 39cm - 68 Points

Round 6 saw us back at the Rock Channel at the second time again in search of Smooth Hounds as the bonus species. The Hounds have been a bit hit and miss lately with some tides bringing the fish into the channel in good numbers while others have seen only single fish or in the worst cases, none at all make an appearance.

Despite the early start and the miserable weather we had another good turn out for this one and here are the lads who braved the miserable elements..............

Rob Turner was first up..................

Joined by his friend and another newcomer to the league, Wayne Kirby..................

Jeff White was next up................

Paul Argent was back for this one after missing the last few.................

Ste Atkinson was also back in line........................

Andy Wilmore was next up......................

Stu Davies had dragged himself out of his pit...................

As had Dale Edwards who was back from his holidays.............

Dave Roberts was next up....................

Followed by league leader Dave Radcliffe............................

And the man who found the only Hound last time, Dylan Kensall............

Gary Swift was next up................

Followed by Wirral Sea Fishing's very own David Bailey, Richie Fisher.....................

Last man up was Roy Schofield...................

Again we were delayed in getting across due to a decent Northerly breeze getting up and holding the tide back a bit from emptying out as quickly as normal however we were soon all across and the walk out began. A lot more people made the long walk this time than last time and when we were all out and set up we got going as soon as possible......................

Again there was a decision to make from the off, go big and target the Hounds or go small and hope the other fish were there in numbers and still give yourself the chance of a bonus Hound if one came along. Ste Atkinson went with a big fresh crab bait and second cast he got what he was after in the form of this 87cm Hound........................

Myself and Dave Radcliffe had both started on small hooks again and we had both started to catch a steady stream of fish in the form of Whiting and Dabs. A few of the other lads were also catching with Roy Schofield, Stu Davies and Dave Roberts all getting a few fish on their cards. As we approached half was in the match I had a better bite and picked my rod up to feel something going ballistic on the end. As I brought it into the edge I could see it was a Sole and it looked a good fish too. At 39cm and 1lb 7oz I was made up...............................

The fish was proving hard to hold up properly for a picture so the best I could do to show the size and give it some scale as hold it across my two hands.................

Into the second half of the match the weather took a turn for the better and the sun came out. The fish were still coming for a few people with double shots like this Whiting and Gurnard combo....................

There were a few Gurnard on show and this was the best one of the match at 29cm for Stu Davies.................

The fishing dried up in the last half an hour and we all made our way back off the bank with time to spare. We now move onto Round 7 which will see a date and fixture change to be confirmed in the fixtures section ASAP.
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Round 6 Result and Report

Postby Big Kev » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

Well done on the win Adam...great variety of fish caught and a stonking sole .
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

Great report and well done Adam on the win :clap: :clap: Well done to all who fished :thumbsup: You had a lucky escape that I couldn't make it. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Thanks for a great report Adam, well done on the result, really good to see everybody again after missing the last few matches. Really enjoyed the trip out to the sandbank, even though I only managed a single small Dab!! See you all at the next meet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:53 pm

Well done all...That's a nice sole Adam and good win :clap:

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:05 am

Well done to the winners and what a cracking sole Adam! I tried everything in my locker and didn't even get a single bite whilst all around were catching. Very frustrating!
I went back out in the evening for about 2 hours with the Akios team and I had a 7lbs 8oz smoothie and a 3lbs 7oz ray. We all caught smoothhounds. What a difference a single tide makes!
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse Eel Bass

roy.s
Super Poster

Postby roy.s » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:04 pm

Great report Adam, and that's a cracking photo of your specimen Sole !! :thumbsup:
Also well done to Ste Atkinson on snaring the only smut of the day. :clap:
2018 species.......Codling, Whiting, 5 B Rockling, Dab, Plaice, Flounder, Pouting, Thornback ray, Starry smoothound, Common smoothound, Bass, Tub Gurnard, Lesser Weever, Tope pup,
2017 species.......17

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Excellent report and match performance Ads :clap:

A true tactical match by the sound of it!
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm

well done adam ,dave and roy . a good variety of fish today.

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:15 pm

Well done on the win Adam, Beltin Sole that :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”