Round 3 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

dinglecodcatcher
Obsessed Poster

Re: Round 3 Result and Report

Postby dinglecodcatcher » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:23 am

Apparently from what I've been told people have picked up tope from this mark. As we also know dabs are a staple diet as well as mackerel for tope. Possibly a dab on your rig may have been picked up by a tope Roy which gave such a cracking bite? I suppose we shall never know

Flounder, Dab, Cod, Whiting, Dogfish, Octopus, Thornback Ray, Bass, Smoothie

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:12 am

Talacre used to be a tope mark in the '60s and '70s when it used to be called the Point of Ayr. The mark was featured in a book by Leslie Moncrieff back in the day. I'm convinced there are tope around the Mersey and the Dee accessible from the shore. In 2015 I got spooled out on the Rock Channel.

Congratulations to the winners. Guess I picked the wrong day to miss a match haha!
2017 Species
Dab, Codling, Whiting, 5-B Rockling, Rainbow Trout, Gr Weaver, Striped Bream, Flounder, Palometa, Plaice, Dogfish, Pollock, Smoothhound, Ballan Wrasse Angel Shark Butterfly Ray Painted Comber Pandora Bream

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:40 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:Talacre used to be a tope mark in the '60s and '70s when it used to be called the Point of Ayr. The mark was featured in a book by Leslie Moncrieff back in the day. I'm convinced there are tope around the Mersey and the Dee accessible from the shore. In 2015 I got spooled out on the Rock Channel.

Congratulations to the winners. Guess I picked the wrong day to miss a match haha!

Stu

2017:[23] Whiting, Dab, Cod, Plaice, Flounder, Smooth-Hound, Thornback, Bull Huss, Black Bream, Lesser Weaver, Greater Weaver, Pouting, Poor Cod, Tompot Blenny, Rock Goby, LSD, Mackerel, Gurnard, Pollock, Tope, Ballan, Mackerel, Cuckoo

2016:[14]

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:35 pm

It must have been a tope`s fin that broke the surface when i was fishing the radar tower last year....
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:08 pm

Big Kev wrote:It must have been a tope`s fin that broke the surface when i was fishing the radar tower last year....

That was Sven looking for his rig wallet. :lol: :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Maerig the hunter
Obsessed Poster

Postby Maerig the hunter » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:37 pm

Great report of a great day out, sorry to miss another match Adam,but car problems have set in again. Hope to get to Harrison fingers crossed. Havent fished since robin hoods bay so suffering bad now.

Well done to you all for being at the right place at the right time, boo hoo.
2017 species : Whiting :roll: rock salmon:roll: Flounder, shore crab, otterspool bigsnag, soreneck, acheing bells :lol:

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

Good report Adam and well done to you all it's nice when you all enjoy the fishing :clap: :clap: :clap:

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:57 pm

A crackin report Adam, looked like a beltin match with plenty of fish caught, well done to all who took part and well done to Ian on the win :thumbsup:
The Wrassewrangler

Ozzie
I never smile !

Postby Ozzie » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:15 am

Wow what a good day out for the ones who caught the smoothies. Looks like it took you all by surprise

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:57 am

What a match, well done on the winners some crackers come out there. :clap:
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”