Round 3 Preview - Talacre - Sunday 4th June

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 3 Preview - Talacre - Sunday 4th June

Postby Adam Roper » Wed May 31, 2017 8:51 am

Round 3 sees us leave the Mersey in favour of the mouth of the Dee estuary and Talacre.

This will be a new venue for many and the first of the venues added to the fixture list by popular demand so we should expect a good turnout at this one.

For those that have not been to this venue before the directions are pretty simple and are as follows. From Liverpool/The Wirral take the M53/M56 towards the A55 and then follow signs for Queensferry A548. This is the main coast road that goes all the way along the coast to Rhyl and beyond. Simply stay on the A548 and follow it through Queensferry, Flint, Shotton, Greenfield and Mostyn. After Mostyn you will pass Point of Ayr and the site of the old colliery. There is a football pitch on the left had side of the road and after this the road goes back to single lane carriageway for about mile before you then come to a roundabout. At this roundabout turn right which is clearly signposted Talacre. From this point simply keep going over the railway bridge and towards the sea until you get to a slight fork in the road. Take the right hand fork and carry on down past the main Talacre beach camp site and don't stop until you reach the sea!

Booking on will be in the sand dune parking area up and over the hump from 11:30 until 12:00 to allow time to walk out to the mark. The walk is around 1km or so.

All in will be at 12:45 fishing until 16:45. Low Water is at 14:50. The bonus fish for this match is Bass.
2017 Species

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Re: Round 3 Preview - Talacre - Sunday 4th June

Postby Trishy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:10 am

Looking forward to it. See you there

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:23 pm

Typical , something come up and I can't go now :(

MickMac2

Postby MickMac2 » Fri Jun 02, 2017 6:54 pm

Sooooo looking forward to this. For me my virgin visit to this venue and a chance for me to put away the neck brace needed from constantly looking up at everyone else on the leader board. Big thanks to Adam for all the work organising this.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:52 pm

Good luck to one and all...may the fishing gods be with you.
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:50 pm

Good luck everybody this Sunday, disappointed that I will miss it.

Going on holiday so will miss this one and the next. Hoping I will be hitting some tuna and barracuda in Aruba on the beach/boat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

codfarther71
Regular Poster

Postby codfarther71 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:00 am

Be good to see some new faces from the forum looking forward to it in colwyn bay at the moment going for a dabble there

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

MickMac2

Postby MickMac2 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:35 pm

It comes to something when it takes you an hours drive to catch crabs. I suggest a flight to Amsterdam to do the same might be easier and more enjoyable but finally found some in Middlewitch today!!!!

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”