Round 2 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 2 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Mon May 08, 2017 4:29 pm

1st - Dave Radcliffe..................331cm (2 Plaice, 7 Dabs)......................11 Points
2nd - Andy Wilmore..................265cm (3 Plaice, 1 Flounder, 1 Dab).........10 Points
3rd - Roy Schofield...................262cm (1 Flounder, 9 Dabs)....................9 Points
4th - Ste Trish.........................219cm (2 Flounder, 6 Dabs)....................8 Points
5th - Ste Atkinson....................107cm (1 Plaice, 1 Whiting, 1 Dab)............7 Points
6th - Dylan Kensall....................87cm (1 Plaice, 1 Dab)..........................6 Points
7th - Stu Davies........................82cm (3 Flounder)...............................5 Points
8th - Adam Roper.....................80cm (1 Flounder, 2 Dabs)......................4 Points
9th - Richie Fisher....................63cm (2 Flounder)................................3 Points
10th - Paul Argent....................56cm (1 Flounder, 1 Dab).......................2 Points
11th - Dave Roberts..................50cm (1 Flounder, 1 Dab).......................1 Point
12th - Dale Edwards..................44cm (1 Plaice)...................................1 Point
13th - Jeff White......................35cm (1 Flounder)...............................1 Point
13th - Steve Duffy.....................35cm (1 Flounder)...............................1 Point
15th - Jordan Roberts.................22cm (1 Flounder)...............................1 Point
16th - Alex Colston....................0cm................................................1 Point
16th - Gary Swift......................0cm................................................1 Point
16th - Ian Welsh.......................0cm................................................1 Point
16th - Kev Brindle.....................0cm................................................1 Point
16th - Mick McAloon..................0cm................................................1 Point

Specimen Fish Pool - Richie Fisher................Flounder 40cm

Round 2 of this years WSF Summer League saw 20 anglers at the T-Groyne to fish down over low water and back up again in search of Plaice as the bonus species for this match as well as Flounder and Dabs which this venue normally produces in decent numbers.

Whilst we all gathered up on the prom and got booked in I got the pictures done however in my haste I managed to miss, Dylan Kensall, Dave Roberts and Jordan Roberts, sorry lads! So along with those three, here are all the other lads who fished this one...................

Roy Schofield was bank in the ranks after missing the opening round................

Dave Radcliffe was back fresh from monster hunting in Norway..................

Steve Duffy was next up................................

Stu Davies was just happy we were not at Caldy.................

Mick McAloon was also back after a leave of absence......................

As was Alex Colston....................

Ste Atkinson was next up....................

Followed by Jeff White..................

Next up was the next of the Norway boys, Dale Edwards................

Kev Brindle was next up.....................

Richie Fisher was on home turf.........................

Next up was Ian Welsh who was on a good run of form coming into this one.................

As was Ste Trish.....................

Paul Argent was next man up....................

Followed by Andy Wilmore.....................

And finally Gary Swift........................

So we got down onto the beach ready for the off on what was a glorious afternoon. As we got to the waters edge it was initially spoiled somewhat 8 small boats motoring up and anchoring around 80 yards from the shoreline but thankfully once all in was called and 20 rigs headed out towards them they saw sense and disappeared to find pastures new.................................

To say it was a slow start would be an understatement and as such fish pictures are sadly absent from this report. There was the odd fish making an appearance and Ste Atkinson, Dave Radcliffe, Andy Wilmore, Roy Schofield and Ste Trish all took fish early on the majority of which were Plaice giving the lads that could find them double the length on the card.

Richie Fisher moved around to in front of the groyne itself as the tide dropped and he was rewarded with a good Flounder of 40cm which saw him take the specimen fish pool on the day.

Others were finding the odd fish at either end of the stretch but they were few and far between with some people on one or two fish and others blanking all together.

The middle of the stretch was a bit of a different story however with Dave Radcliffe, Andy Wilmore, Roy Schofield and Ste Trish finding a steady stream of fish and this saw all four of them put lengths of 200cm plus on their cards but it would be the bonus fish that would give Dave Radcliffe the extra length required to take the win on the day. Well fished Dave.

We now head from the Mersey to the mouth of the Dee estuary and Talacre for Round 3........................
2017 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Re: Round 2 Result and Report

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon May 08, 2017 4:46 pm

Good report and pics as ever Adam. :clap: :clap: It makes you wonder how you can be fishing next to someone with similar rigs and baits but not make bites :confused:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon May 08, 2017 5:14 pm

Here's a fishy pic Adam :lol: :lol:

Well done to the top 3 and to all that fished. Was hard-going down our end, but that's fishing for you :thumbsup:
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon May 08, 2017 6:17 pm

Enjoyed the day and the company as usual,but the fishing was so frustrating....well done to Dave, Andy,n Roy for getting a few out...thanks for sorting the day Adam,always good fun. :clap:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Mon May 08, 2017 6:33 pm

Great report Adam, thanks for organising the event.

Great afternoon and nice to see everybody again.

I will be out for the next two matches, on holiday for two weeks fishing in Aruba, shame the dates changed on match 4!!

Thanks to Ste Trish on some casting advise and to chat to during the afternoon, it's great to get know you all.

Well done to Dave, Andy and Roy on taking the top spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GRAY70
Obsessed Poster

Postby GRAY70 » Mon May 08, 2017 6:41 pm

Well done all I thought the parking would be harder than the fishing but for some guess not :lol: :lol:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon May 08, 2017 8:01 pm

Paul Argent wrote:I will be out for the next two matches, on holiday for two weeks fishing in Aruba,

Honeymooned in Aruba...great to see Leatherback turtles coming ashore to lay eggs,and to witness a hatching batch too...once in a lifetime stuff.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 pm

Big Kev wrote:
Paul Argent wrote:I will be out for the next two matches, on holiday for two weeks fishing in Aruba,

Honeymooned in Aruba...great to see Leatherback turtles coming ashore to lay eggs,and to witness a hatching batch too...once in a lifetime stuff.

Leatherback Turtles?? You don't need to go to Aruba to see them, get yourself to Slater Street on a Saturday night :lol:
2017 Species

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Mon May 08, 2017 8:30 pm

Thanks Adam , well done to the winners. Felt sorry for Dyl when the local pi££ed up village idiot set up 5 yards away from him and proceeded to talk shi7e and cast all over the place.

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Mon May 08, 2017 9:11 pm

Trishy wrote:Thanks Adam , well done to the winners. Felt sorry for Dyl when the local pi££ed up village idiot set up 5 yards away from him and proceeded to talk shi7e and cast all over the place.

He was out of his head Ste I should have videoed him. He was trying to fish with a tangled ball of feathers with a bit of fish that he had bought from the supermarket. He didn't have a knife to cut the bait with and after a couple of mins trying to tear it with his hands he desided to bite a chunk off. After half an hour of him trying to cast in with his pants falling down to his ankles I told him he had better go home as he was soaked through after falling in the water by the steps. Off he went leaving his 2 rods and reels behind :confused: :huh:
Great report Adam and well done to those that caught. See you all at TALACA LA!!
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue May 09, 2017 5:38 pm

Great report and pics as usual adam, well done to the top three. :thumbsup:
Species 2018: coding. Whiting. Dab, flounder,Thornback ray, pouting, plaice, 3br

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Tue May 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Mixed futures along the stretch it seems. It's painful when you're struggling and watching somebody else a few rods down bagging up...we've all been there :rolleyes:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

graeme stuart
Regular Poster

Postby graeme stuart » Wed May 10, 2017 9:22 am

Another good report Adam. Well done to the winners and all that fished :clap: see you all at round 3 :)

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Thu May 11, 2017 10:24 am

Usual great report Adam and well done to the winners. I had Dave and Roy either side of me and spent most of the afternoon signing their cards!

Still, great to be out and try a new venue
Only here for the cod!

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”