Round 4 Result and Report

A series of total length matches ran by Adam Roper open to all site members where you can widen your species and venue knowledge as well as learning lots too.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 4 Result and Report

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:59 pm

1st - Dylan Kensall...................125cm (2 Bass, 1 Dab)....................11 Points
2nd - Dave Radcliffe.................92cm (2 Bass)..............................10 Points
3rd - Adam Roper....................71cm (1 Bass, 1 Plaice)....................9 Points
4th - Rob Turner.....................64cm (1 Bass)...............................8 Points
5th - Andy Wilmore..................48cm (1 Bass)...............................7 Points
6th - Alan Middleton................37cm (1 Flounder)..........................6 Points
7th - Roy Schofield..................24cm (1 Dab)...............................5 Points
8th - Steve Duffy.......................0cm........................................1 Point
8th - Richie Fisher.....................0cm........................................1 Point
8th - Dale Edwards....................0cm........................................1 Point
8th - Mick McAloon....................0cm........................................1 Point
8th - Gary Swift.......................0cm........................................1 Point
8th - Jeff White.......................0cm........................................1 Point

Specimen Fish Pool..................Alan Middleton - Flounder 37cm.

Round 4 saw us at Harrison Drive to fish up and over high water in search of Bass which were the bonus species for this match. This venue can be difficult at times however it can also throw a few fish up when conditions are right. Hopes were high when we arrived with an overcast dry sky with sunny spells and a decent breeze blowing putting some life in the water.

Being a high water match this was due to be a pegged match however this had to be canned when a group of pleasure anglers stood and watched me peg out 300 meters of prom to then do no more than set up right in the middle of it when they had over 1km of promenade to choose from. We therefore all agreed to just find a space in the general area between the two groynes.

Here are the runners and riders who made it for Round 4...........................

Rob Turner was first up nearest the groyne......................

One of the early league pacesetters was up next in the form of Roy Schofield.............

Followed by another, Andy Wilmore.....................

There was then a gap due to the group of pleasure anglers and then next up was Dylan Kensall.......................

I was next to Dylan and to my right I had the current league leader, Dave Radcliffe..................

Steve Duffy was next up....................

Followed by Dale Edwards.....................

After Dale came Richie Fisher who was enjoying the sunshine before the weather went sour......................

Followed by Gary Swift.......................

Alan Middleton was next up.....................

And last man up was Jeff White.............................

As the water hit the wall we got underway and at pretty much the same time the weather went downhill rapidly with the breeze turning into a strong wind bringing some heavy rain with it. Undeterred everyone was still hopeful of finding a few fish. Alan Middleton struck on his second cast finding a nice Flounder of 37cm and this would be the fish that would take the specimen fish pool on the day.

Half an hour in and it was becoming apparent that it was going to be a war of attrition with fish few and far between and with Bass the bonus fish worth double length anyone who could find one would be right in with a shout of the overall win. First man to strike was Dylan Kensall with this small but perfectly formed fish of 24cm.........................

I was then next to get in on the action however mine was even smaller again at 21cm never the less it was enough to get me on the board..............

Word came down that Rob Turner had found a better Bass of 32cm to get himself in contention as well as Andy Wilmore also taking a 24cm Bass to put himself in the mix too. League leader Dave Radcliffe was looking at a blank as the half way point approached however he also then got himself off the mark with a 23cm Bass.

Dylan Kensall then found a second Bass of 25cm to extend his lead..................................

Roy Schofield found a Dab to make it 7 anglers who had found fish. Dave Radcliffe then took a second fish also of 23cm to get back in reach of Dylan Kensall............

I found a Plaice of 29cm which was enough to put me up into third place and on what turned out to be a difficult and challenging day at the office for all 13 anglers, Dave Radcliffe's two Bass were enough to give him second place however it was to be Dylan Kensall's day as he found a Dab to give him three fish on his card and his first overall match win.

We now have a three week break before the first of two trips to the Rock Channel for Round's 5 and 6.
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Round 4 Result and Report

Postby Big Kev » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Tough day indeed....congrats on your first win Dyl and well done those who managed to snare something.
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 4:54 pm

yes a frustrating day but at least we didnt all blank .well done dyl on your win :clap: and the catchers also .

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:19 pm

Another tough day at the coal face.Well done to all that caught. :clap: :clap: I even blanked on my begging bowl. :lol:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

roy.s
Super Poster

Postby roy.s » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:38 pm

Well done on your first win Dyl....its been coming, and I`m sure it wont be your last. :thumbsup:
Tough day at the office all round. :roll:
2017 species.....(17) Dab, Flounder, Plaice, Codling, Whiting, Pouting, Bass, Silver eel, Conger eel, Thornback ray, Starry smoothhound, Common smoothhound, Weever, Tub Gurnard, Dogfish, Five bearded Rockling, Tope (pup),

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Well done to all that caught. Tough day!
2017 Species
Dab, Codling, Whiting, 5-B Rockling, Rainbow Trout, Gr Weaver, Striped Bream, Flounder, Palometa, Plaice, Dogfish, Pollock, Smoothhound, Ballan Wrasse Angel Shark Butterfly Ray Painted Comber Pandora Bream

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 pm

Tough conditions to fish in and a tough match too seemingly.

Well done Dyl, Dave and Adam :clap:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Paul Argent
Super Poster

Postby Paul Argent » Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Well done to all that caught in the match, see you all in round 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

zippie01
Obsessed Poster

Postby zippie01 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:16 pm

I could cope with the on/off rain but that wind was a 'biatch' ! :?
Well done on the win Dyl, well deserved win in really tough conditions :thumbsup:
2017:Whiting,Codling,Dab

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:00 pm

nice fishing Dy, bit different from Talacre...

sorry i missed this one Adam.(or am i..... :think: )

see you all at the waters edge for the walk!
Stu

2017:[23] Whiting, Dab, Cod, Plaice, Flounder, Smooth-Hound, Thornback, Bull Huss, Black Bream, Lesser Weaver, Greater Weaver, Pouting, Poor Cod, Tompot Blenny, Rock Goby, LSD, Mackerel, Gurnard, Pollock, Tope, Ballan, Mackerel, Cuckoo

2016:[14]

stephen atkinson
Obsessed Poster

Postby stephen atkinson » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:55 am

Well done on the win dyl and all who attended I will be there for round 5.
Species 2017: coding. Whiting. Dab, strap (conger) Thornback ray, plaice,3br,Lsd, common smoothhound, starry smoothhound, flounder,Tub gurnard, Bass, Weaver, snotty eel, pouting

Dyl
Super Poster

Postby Dyl » Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Cheers lads I was buzzing having me first win!!! :dance: :dance:
I think my tackle sponsor had given me the edge at the match and I'd like to thank Steve Duffy at Steve Duffy Urfe Rigs and Weights Technology :thumbsup: :lol: Next round Rock Channel :dance:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
Cod, Ting, massive Turbot!

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Nice one Dyl.

Boy that was hard going! First time i've fished that venue at high water so another one to learn from

Roll on rock channel!
Only here for the cod!

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jun 15, 2017 3:52 pm

Patriot wrote:Nice one Dyl.

Boy that was hard going! First time i've fished that venue at high water so another one to learn from

Roll on rock channel!

You`ve learned never to fish there again :lol:
Species 2017...Dogfish...Dab...Whiting...flounder...Bull Huss.....smut.....Thornback ray...spotted ray...Bass

Return to “WSF Summer League 2017”