Rules n Questions

A free fun competition for all members to enter...just submit your various species catches as the year goes by and see how many points you can total.

Moderator: Shaun1118

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Rules n Questions

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:32 pm

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2017. To keep interest high I've adopted a format that will be easy for everyone to score points and continue scoring points throughout the year regardless of where you choose to fish.

How it works...see "League Table"for the full list of species

A maximum of 5 points will be awarded to a fish the scoring will work as such;
1st............................. 5pts
2nd............................ 4pts
3rd............................. 3pts
4th............................. 2pts
5th.............................. 1pt

Rules

All fish must weigh at least 8 ounces except for Bream, Turbot, Garfish, Gurnard and Sole, these must be 4oz minimum.

Your largest fish of each species will count, if you submit an 8oz dab in January and then submit a 10oz Dab in May the 8oz Dab will be moved off the board.

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written either by yourself or someone else on that session, its doesnt need to be a essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.
All fish must be submitted by no longer than 1 week of capture.
Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To submit a fish click the "Contact" icon underneath my Profile pic at the top right hand corner of this page, thenSend private message and then simply fill in the blanks:

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Weight ____________
Photo of fish ____________

Any questions just ask.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Rules n Questions

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:22 pm

Having spoken with Shaun he is taking a well earned break from running the show,so many thanks to him for all his time n effort. As a result i will be taking the reigns once again,so let the game begin...entries will qualify from Midnight 3/1/2017 until midnight on 31/12/2017. It`s free to enter and is surprising just how many points you can score,so it`s open for anyone to win....consistency is the key,bagging as many species as poss,rather than looking for lunkers all the time.
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:28 pm

Big Kev wrote:What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2017. To keep interest high I've adopted a format that will be easy for everyone to score points and continue scoring points throughout the year regardless of where you choose to fish.

Rules

All fish must weigh at least 8 ounces except for Bream, Turbot, Garfish, Gurnard and Sole, these must be 4oz minimum.

Your largest fish of each species will count, if you submit an 8oz dab in January and then submit a 10oz Dab in May the 8oz Dab will be moved off the board.

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written either by yourself or someone else on that session, its doesnt need to be a essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.
Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To submit a fish click the "Contact" icon underneath my Profile pic at the top right hand corner of this page, thenSend private message and then simply fill in the blanks:

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species _Whiting___________
Name of captor __GAZZ3R________
Venue ___Otterspool_________
Date of capture __24.1.17__________
Weight _11oz_________
Photo of fish Image

Any questions just ask.
The Wrassewrangler

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:12 pm

Rules

Rule 7 Applies

Species _Whiting___________
Name of captor _GAZZ3R___________
Venue __Otterspool__________
Date of capture24.1.17 ____________
Weight 11oz____________
Photo of fish Image

Any questions just ask.
The Wrassewrangler

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Re: RE: Rules n Questions

Postby GAZZ3R » Tue Feb 14, 2017 2:30 pm

Rules

Rule 7 Applies

Species Thornback Ray__________
Name of captor GAZZ3R ____________
Venue _Anglesey___________
Date of capture __11.2 17__________
Weight _2lb 12oz___________
Photo of fish __Image__________

Any questions just ask.

Rules

Rule 7 Applies

Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Weight ____________

Any questions just ask.
The Wrassewrangler

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Re: RE: Rules n Questions

Postby GAZZ3R » Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:08 pm

Rules

Rule 7 Applies

Species Flounder__________
Name of captor _GAZZ3R ___________
Venue _Connahs quay___________
Date of capture ___19.2.17_________
Weight _1lb 11oz__Image_________

Any questions just ask.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
The Wrassewrangler

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed May 24, 2017 9:31 am

Back from Cuba so things will be updated shortly.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:38 pm

Big changes to next years competition....spice it up a bit and maybe get more interest. :idea:

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:04 pm

I'd be well up joining the specimen table along with Albatross87 and Piotrek I'm sure
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dog, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo, Conger 29

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:08 pm

Tom wrote:I'd be well up joining the specimen table along with Albatross87 and Piotrek I'm sure

The more the merrier :thumbsup:

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:11 pm

Cool is the next start New years? :D
Whiting, Pollock, Pouting, Dab, Codling, Huss, Dog, Plaice, Blenny, 5B Rockling, Flounder, Silver Eel, Bass, Thornback, Starry, Common SH, Ballan, Corkwing, Rock Goby, LS Scorpion, Tompot, Grey, Tub G, Launce, Mackerel, PoorCod, Weever, Cuckoo, Conger 29

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Tom wrote:Cool is the next start New years? :D

Starts on Jan 1st and runs to Dec 31st....i`ll post the new rules e.t.c soon.

Tom
Obsessed Poster

Postby Tom » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:24 pm

Nice one Big Kev, look forward to getting some good scales too

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Big Kev wrote:Big changes to next years competition....spice it up a bit and maybe get more interest. :idea:

Be good to see what you do with it :thumbsup:

Return to “Specimen Trophy 2017”