Rules and Questions

Moderator: Shaun1118

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Rules and Questions

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 9:00 pm

What it's about:

The idea is to compete against your mates on the forum to see who can catch the biggest fish of each species on the list during 2015. To keep interest high I've adopted a format that will be easy for everyone to score points and continue scoring points throughout the year regardless of where you choose to fish.

How it works:

A maximum of 6 points will be awarded to a fish the scoring will work as such;
1st............................. 6pts
2nd............................ 5pts
3rd............................. 4pts
4th............................. 3pts
5th.............................. 2pts
All other qualifying fish....... 1pts

Rules

There are no species specific minimum weights however all fish must weigh at least 8 ounces except for Bream, Turbot, Garfish, Gurnard and Sole, these must be 4oz minimum.

Your largest fish of each species will count, if you submit a 8oz dab in January and then submit a 10oz Dab in May the 8oz Dab will be moved off the board.

Digital scales must be used to weigh fish and all weights will be rounded down. Most digi scales weigh in lbs-oz-dr and in 8dr increments i.e 2-5-8. Some may show the "actual drams" i.e 2-5-7 which would be rounded down to 2-5-0, 2-5-10 would be rounded down to 2-5-8

No fish will be accepted if they have been caught from a mark where access has been gained by boat/yak. This is an unfair advantage and would not be in keeping with the spirit of the competition.

Please try to make your fish pics as clear as poss however I do not wish to see fish hanging on the scales ;)

All fish submissions must be accompanied by a report in the reports section written either by yourself or someone else on that session, its doesnt need to be a essay but regular reports help keep people in the loop and its inline with the forum spirit.

Only fish caught from the coast between the Keer River (Morecambe) to River Dovey (Barmouth) will count (includes Anglesey and Holyhead).

Rule 7 Applies

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To submit a fish click the PM button Image at the bottom of this post and fill in the blanks:

Claims should be submitted to me via p.m within 1 week of capture with the following...
Species ____________
Name of captor ____________
Venue ____________
Date of capture ____________
Weight ____________
Photo of fish ____________

Any questions just ask.

iank
Obsessed Poster

Re: Rules and Questions

Postby iank » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:37 pm

Any deadlines for entry Shaun?

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Jan 01, 2015 10:49 pm

A week from capture but its a rule I'm relaxed about as long as its not every fish 8)

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:38 am

Whilst I'm not doing this myself (because my personal targets lie elsewhere ;)), I've had a go in the past and it is great fun. As a past winner, I think it's all about targeting the right species at the right time .... and then catching them obviously!

If I were doing this right now, in addition to the obvious Cod hunt I'd be thinking "where can I catch a decent Flounder, before they go out to spawn at the end of the month". I'd also be thinking about getting a decent Coley whilst they're around in numbers ;)
Kev

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Jan 02, 2015 5:56 pm

Think i`ll put some effort in to it this year to complete the set :thumbsup:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:47 pm

Rule 7 Is being Applied,

The following species may now be entered on the board from 4ozs

Bream, Turbot, Garfish, Gurnard and Sole.

Thanks Shaun

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:49 pm

Good use of Rule 7 there Shaun :thumbsup:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

joe roberts
Obsessed Poster

Postby joe roberts » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:24 pm

not being funny why just this part of the coast line. as I fish all over the country.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Fri Feb 13, 2015 4:40 pm

joe roberts wrote:not being funny why just this part of the coast line. as I fish all over the country.

As do I and many others. The forum is based in the northwest as is the competition simples.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:15 pm

Just a thought,but i`ve submitted another fish and after another 2 week wait,it`s still not on the list.....i tend to lose interest in things if they are not kept up to date and maybe others do to,so pull your finger out Shaun :badgrin:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:22 pm

Big Kev wrote:Just a thought,but i`ve submitted another fish and after another 2 week wait,it`s still not on the list.....i tend to lose interest in things if they are not kept up to date and maybe others do to,so pull your finger out Shaun :badgrin:

I normally wait for a few then stick them up Ill do it now though seen as the weathers carp haha

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 2:33 pm

Your Dogfish :roll: has now been submitted, cracking fish Kev :badgrin: :badgrin:

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:44 pm

Shaun1118 wrote:Your Dogfish :roll: has now been submitted, cracking fish Kev :badgrin: :badgrin:

It`s the best so far :dance: :dance:

joeNeal_71
Obsessed Poster

Postby joeNeal_71 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:42 pm

Hi Sean
Loads of new fish being submitted for this comp but dosn't appear to be any new entry's on the board, perhaps your inbox is full? Kinda takes the edge of things if your not keepin' up with stuff laaa

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue May 05, 2015 8:50 pm

joeNeal_71 wrote:Hi Sean
Loads of new fish being submitted for this comp but dosn't appear to be any new entry's on the board, perhaps your inbox is full? Kinda takes the edge of things if your not keepin' up with stuff laaa

A monthly leaderboard would be an idea :think:

Return to “Tackle and Bait”