Round 8 Result Vale Park 27/9/14

A series of 9 matches to add a bit of interest through the year. Open to all site members who qualify...see rules in the forum.
Big Kev
The Masterful One

Round 8 Result Vale Park 27/9/14

Postby Big Kev » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 pm

1st..Dave M..........1 thornback ray...2 dabs...1 whiting....135cm...11pts
2nd...Adam Roper....1 codling...3 dabs...1 whiting................134cm...10pts
3rd...Godders............4 dabs...1 whiting................................129cm....9pts
4th...Big Kev..............1 dogfish...1 whiting.............................80cm.....8pts
5th...Tony Holland......1 whiting...1 dab..................................55cm.....7pts
6th...Richie Fisher........1 whiting.............................................29cm.....6pts
7th...Gazz................................................................................0cm.....1pt

Longest Fish Pool
jt1st....Adam Roper& Big Kev...30cm..........£17.50 each
jt3rd...Dave M & Richie Fisher...29cm..........£3.50 each
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Re: Round 8 Result Vale Park 27/9/14

Postby Godders123 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:00 pm

Top dangling Dave :clap:

Target species caught yet again! Will we snare a small eyed ray at cymyran to complete the full house?
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:05 pm

Well done Dave, good fishing everyone.
The Wrassewrangler

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:45 pm

It was a glorious afternoon as we made our way out on the bank....
I thought we`d get a few more rods out for a local match,but the league leaders were present so it would still be a good match.
Given the number of dogs in the river,i set my sights on them and rays early on,with squid,bluey and sandeel combos....
Action was very quiet early on and Godders and his mate,who fished 60yds to my right had found a snag,so moved over to the left next to Tony and Dave,which turned out to be a wise move as Graham found a few elusive dabs late on to grab 3rd place.
After an hour i snared a 30cm whiting and soon followed it with the only dog of the night,which was strange given the superb conditions....sadly i struggled to find anything other than crabs for the rest of the match,which was a similar story for Richie who was fishing on my left. Next up was Adam who managed to find a few fish,mainly on his fresh crab,with the legs working well for the dabs....it was tough cheddar for Adam as he had to leave with 15 mins to go as his missus had called to say she`d broken down,and as he only missed out on the win by 1cm,you have to feel for him.
Tony was finding the going tough to find in size fish,but Dave fished on his left and had another consistent display,and managed to find the target species,albeit a baby with a 28cm wingspan.but it was enough to help him to the win...Gazz fished the far right and did`nt follow in Grahams footsteps...we did`nt see him again all night :doh:
The fishing was pretty poor,but it`s always good to be on the beach with the lads and the competition makes for some good banter and keeps the interest up. With the final match at Cymyran Bay in 2 weeks,it`s a 3 way shoot out between myself,Godders and Tony...should be another good day out
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:10 pm

Good report Kev, sorry I disappeared, I was en route to another venue (Cymyran) chasing the Small eyed variety, I couldnt let anyone know as my fone was dying and I had forgotten my charger. Alas no Rays showed up for me there either however the highlight of my efforts were 2 dogfish :evil: Iam looking forward to the next match there as I have a massive score to settle with that venue, no Small eyed Rays for me on 3 seperate visits, could it be 4th time lucky?
The Wrassewrangler

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:01 pm

Well done on another great match. Close finish for the league too....

crazy legs crane
Regular Poster

Postby crazy legs crane » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:28 am

This was a new venue for me and like everyone else found it hard going especially with the crabs. Kept alternating between scratching rigs and larger baits finally getting my smallest ever ray on a 2/0 3 hook flapper baited with half a sandeel. How frustrating is it when you keep getting fish at just under the 25cm limit! A nice warm evening with good company. A shame the bigger fish failed to show but good to try a new venue and always something to learn watching other people fishing.
2017 Species (12)
Dab, Whiting, Herring, Mackerel, Huss, Tub Gurnard, Tope, TB Ray, LSD, LSSS, Pollack, Poor Cod,

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:23 am

Great report and photos Kev. Its shaping up for an interesting finish. :clap: :clap:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:59 am

Nice. :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:41 pm

According to my calcs, with the two dropped matches, I need to finish three places above Kev to guarantee top spot, and if I finish two places clear it goes down to lengths, ooo errr! I'm not throwing the towel in just yet but with the consistency that Kev's shown throughout the comp I may have to rely on him forgetting his rod at home :lol:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:08 pm

Godders123 wrote:According to my calcs, with the two dropped matches, I need to finish three places above Kev to guarantee top spot, and if I finish two places clear it goes down to lengths, ooo errr! I'm not throwing the towel in just yet but with the consistency that Kev's shown throughout the comp I may have to rely on him forgetting his rod at home :lol:

7 out of the 9 matches count towards your overall score....with Pwllheli being cancelled you only drop the points from 1 more match,and with us both scoring 1 point at Pensarn,that leaves me just that single point ahead,so you only have to finish one place above me to take the trophy,as you have a better length,ooh err,so like Sat night can you stop crying it in :lol: :lol:

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:28 pm

I hadn't reckoned on the cancelled match counting at all. You can still forget your rod in a couple of weeks time if you like Kev :lol:
Graham

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:36 pm

It`s all set up for Tony to be the only one to catch and win the league :doh:

joe roberts
Obsessed Poster

Postby joe roberts » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:55 pm

GAZZ3R wrote:Good report Kev, sorry I disappeared, I was en route to another venue (Cymyran) chasing the Small eyed variety, I couldnt let anyone know as my fone was dying and I had forgotten my charger. Alas no Rays showed up for me there either however the highlight of my efforts were 2 dogfish :evil: Iam looking forward to the next match there as I have a massive score to settle with that venue, no Small eyed Rays for me on 3 seperate visits, could it be 4th time lucky?

i was there last night no rays for me neither just 3 whiting

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Sep 29, 2014 5:28 pm

joe roberts wrote:
GAZZ3R wrote:Good report Kev, sorry I disappeared, I was en route to another venue (Cymyran) chasing the Small eyed variety, I couldnt let anyone know as my fone was dying and I had forgotten my charger. Alas no Rays showed up for me there either however the highlight of my efforts were 2 dogfish :evil: Iam looking forward to the next match there as I have a massive score to settle with that venue, no Small eyed Rays for me on 3 seperate visits, could it be 4th time lucky?

i was there last night no rays for me neither just 3 whiting
seems to have gone off since the wind got up.
The Wrassewrangler

Return to “WSF/BLAS Summer League 2014”