Preview Round 7 Pwllheli Beach 17/8/14

A series of 9 matches to add a bit of interest through the year. Open to all site members who qualify...see rules in the forum.
wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Re: Preview Round 7 Pwllheli Beach 17/8/14

Postby wobbler72 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:44 am

More chance of the Bream showing over high than low too :)
Kev

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:49 am

Agreed, fishing short off the rocks behind the caravan park can produce over low but fishing the beach over low doesn't offer a great deal.

Let's hope the current forecast is correct and the strong southerlies swing round mid week. If they don't then weed could render it unfishable. There's always Abererch beach as an alternative though if Pwllheli is closed out :think:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:57 pm

Anyone fancy car sharing happy to go halves on petrol??
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:36 pm

Seadangler wrote:Anyone fancy car sharing happy to go halves on petrol??

My motor`s already full laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa :doh:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:00 pm

Godders123 wrote:Let's hope the current forecast is correct and the strong southerlies swing round mid week. If they don't then weed could render it unfishable. There's always Abererch beach as an alternative though if Pwllheli is closed out :think:

Never thought of Abererch Graham. I always used to head to the North coast if the South was weeded off.
Kev

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:06 pm

I've got room left in mine Adam, I could pick you up A55 ;)
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:13 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:

No worries Kev. Yes please Richie, will meet you in the Maccies car park then, if you let me know what time. Cheers mate!
2017 Species

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:27 pm

Seadangler wrote:
Richie Fisher wrote:

No worries Kev. Yes please Richie, will meet you in the Maccies car park then, if you let me know what time. Cheers mate!

No problem, will message you a time when I get my finger out.
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell Plaice Pollock Thornie Ballan Wrasse

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:48 pm

Wind is currently projected to be far too strong to fish on Sunday. Think we need a decision boys. :think:
2018 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:44 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:Wind is currently projected to be far too strong to fish on Sunday. Think we need a decision boys. :think:

Still too early to make a final decision...the forecast can change a lot in 4 days.....i will post on Friday night to give everyone the chance to sort the appropriate bait out for the chosen venue...all i can say at this stage is that we will not be fishing Aberech beach...more likely to be a north wales beach with a chance of bass.

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Big Kev wrote:
Richie Fisher wrote:Wind is currently projected to be far too strong to fish on Sunday. Think we need a decision boys. :think:

Still too early to make a final decision...the forecast can change a lot in 4 days.....i will post on Friday night to give everyone the chance to sort the appropriate bait out for the chosen venue...all i can say at this stage is that we will not be fishing Aberech beach...more likely to be a north wales beach with a chance of bass.

Are you thinking over low or high Kev?
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:27 pm

I`d like to fish from low,as the bass often feed well in the first hour or so of the flood....low at Penmaenmawr is 10.45am with high at 4.30pm...a westerly wind will put a good surf up and you can dig big blow on even the smallest tides ...big clear sandy beach that fishes well in the right conditions...easy to get to with ample free parking...looked through loads of reports for various venues,and Pen` seems to produce fairly consistently :think:

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:50 pm

Not a bad shout that Kev if The wind renders Pwllheli unfishable.
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:37 pm

Getting even worse for Sunday 23mph winds :doh: Same for Rhyl area as well. I think if this happens we won't be able to fish a west-facing beach.

Probably the only place I would personally consider fishing would be The Stables on the Anglesey side of the Straits :think:
2018 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:Getting even worse for Sunday 23mph winds :doh: Same for Rhyl area as well. I think if this happens we won't be able to fish a west-facing beach.

Probably the only place I would personally consider fishing would be The Stables on the Anglesey side of the Straits :think:

You can check out the winds live if you look at Prestatyn Sailing Club website.They have a number of live webcams.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Return to “WSF/BLAS Summer League 2014”