Result Round 9 Cymyran Bay 12/10/14

A series of 9 matches to add a bit of interest through the year. Open to all site members who qualify...see rules in the forum.
Big Kev
The Masterful One

Result Round 9 Cymyran Bay 12/10/14

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:20 pm

1st...Adam.............................1 flounder.....25cm....11pts
1st...Gazz....................................1 flounder....25cm....11pts
...................................................................................................................
Big Kev............................................................0cm........1pt
Godders...........................................................0cm........1pt
Richie................................................................0cm.......1pt
Niges123...........................................................0cm.......1pt
Tony..................................................................0cm......1pt
.......................................................................................................................................
Longest Fish Pool
Adam.........flounder...25cm.................£21
Gazz...........flounder...25cm.................£21
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Result Round 9 Cymyran Bay 12/10/14

Postby Big Kev » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:01 pm

The weather had turned against us for the final match at Cymyran,with not a breath of wind and a blazing sun...
Me n Tony got there first and the burgers was soon on the cooker...
The rest of the lads joined us and we headed to the beach,more in hope than expectation...
On the main beach Gazz took a baby flounder and Nigel had an undersize turbot...after a couple of hours myself,Tony and Adam moved to the bay where we hoped the current would give us a chance of winkling out something.On my first cast i had an underzise flounder,then Adam got one on the board....
We then heard Gazz had an in size flounder,so scratching rigs were all the rage.
Tony also snared an undersize turbot from the bay....with 50 mins to go my self n Tony moved back to the main beach to try another spot,as a single fish was gunna make all the difference. It was tense all the way to the all out,but none of us could find a fish,which was hardly surprising in the gin clear water.
Well done to Adam n Gazz for a joint win on the day,and to Tony for his 3rd place overall.....i managed to hang on to my 1 point lead over Graham...thanks once again to Ken at Prescot Angling for providing the trophies :love:
Thanks to the lads who have played the game throughout the year and kept the interest going

Tony also
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:13 pm

Outstanding. :clap: :clap: :clap:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Shaun1118
Sapper McMan !!!

Postby Shaun1118 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:25 pm

Well done Adam and Gaz on winning the match and Kev for winning the league. Shame the fish didn't play the game to make the final match more exciting.

crazy legs crane
Regular Poster

Postby crazy legs crane » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:33 pm

Well done on the league win Kev. Shame the small eyes forgot to show up. Thanks for organising it aswell Kev. I have enjoyed it like everyone else has. Fishing new places and meeting new people.
2017 Species: 21
Huss, Dab, Whiting, Cod, Pouting, LSD, Conger, Pollack, Cuckoo Wrasse, Ling, Poor Cod, TB Ray, Smut, Bass, S.Eel, Ballan Wrasse, Corkwing, Goldsinny, Black Bream, Mackerel, Flounder.

GAZZ3R
Obsessed Poster

Postby GAZZ3R » Mon Oct 13, 2014 8:59 pm

A thoroughly enjoyable series and a big thanks to Ken at Prescot angling.
The Wrassewrangler

Shacky
Team BLAS

Postby Shacky » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Tough day, well done on giving it your all guy's :thumbsup: What can I say, Congratulations Kev Laaaaa on the league win :clap: :clap: Though you were ran very close. Probably see some of you at the Winter League :love:
2017 Species Hunt....Dab, Whiting, Rockling, Plaice, Flounder, Dogfish, Bass, Tope, Sole, Tub Gurnard, Turbot.

iank
Obsessed Poster

Postby iank » Mon Oct 13, 2014 9:51 pm

Another great report Kev, I must say that I've looked forward to reading about each match :clap: :clap:

Well done to Adam and Gazz for winkling out a fish on a hard day :clap:

But a big well done to Kev on winning the league and Godders for a very creditable second :clap: :clap:

Nice one lads!

Ken the PACMAN
Obsessed Poster

Postby Ken the PACMAN » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:08 pm

Well done Kev Laaa and the rest who fished.
Its a bit of an anti climax when you get to the end and things turn against you with the fishing but its the consistent angling through the league that counts in the end.
Live to Fish - Fish to Live
King Cod Swansea 2004
www.prescotanglingcentre.co.uk
0151-426-5011.
You can also find us on Facebook...just... Prescot Angling Centre.

Godders123
Front Page Meister

Postby Godders123 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:31 pm

Many thanks to Ken above ↑↑↑ for donating the trophies :love:

I put a variety of baits out at every distance, left them static, twitch retrieved and even chucked out feathers when a boil of bait fish erupted in front of us however I couldn't tempt anything into a take and so all credit to Gaz and Adam for finding in-size fish :clap:

I've only fished Cymyran three times, twice during daylight hours, and seeing the river during the flood phase it looks bob on for an evening lure session...has anybody ever had a dabble? I'd be interested to know if anybody has had any success there. Where the river is at it's narrowest would surely be the prime spot and so I may have an hour with the lures if I manage another session there in the coming weeks. :drool:
Graham

2017 Species [21]: Flounder, Conger, Bull Huss, Codling, Whiting, Dab, Dogfish, Plaice, Mackerel, Ballan Wrasse, Pollack, Smoothhound, Thornie, Eel, Sole, Bass, Garfish, Cuckoo Wrasse, Corkwing Wrasse, Goldsinny Wrasse, LS Sea Scorpion

Akios-Superstore.co.uk

talkingbullhuss
Obsessed Poster

Postby talkingbullhuss » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:36 am

Well done kev ,well done everyone who took part :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sea fishing like a drug ................

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 4:43 pm

Well done to all that took part. Good bunch of friendly and helpful guys :D

Congratulations to Kev, Graham and Tony for topping the tables and to Ken for putting up the pots :clap: :clap: :clap:
Kev

wobbler72
Obsessed Poster

Postby wobbler72 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:19 pm

Godders123 wrote:I've only fished Cymyran three times, twice during daylight hours, and seeing the river during the flood phase it looks bob on for an evening lure session...has anybody ever had a dabble? I'd be interested to know if anybody has had any success there. Where the river is at it's narrowest would surely be the prime spot and so I may have an hour with the lures if I manage another session there in the coming weeks. :drool:

Definitely worth a pop Graham ;)
Kev

tatch1
Obsessed Poster

Postby tatch1 » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Top report there well done chaps :clap: :clap: :clap:

Return to “WSF/BLAS Summer League 2014”