Round 6 Preview - Otterspool Mersey Road - Sunday 8th January

A series of matches run in a league format for "active site members" only, offering laid back introduction to match fishing.
Prescot Angling is kindly sponsoring this years league.

Moderator: spudgun

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Round 6 Preview - Otterspool Mersey Road - Sunday 8th January

Postby Adam Roper » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:11 am

Round 6 sees the first match of 2017 and sees the run in of this years WSF Winter League begin with the first of two back to back trips to Otterspool.

For this one we will be fishing the Mersey Road stretch of the prom and we will be parking in and booking on in the Mersey Road car park.

High water is at 19:20 on an 8.3m tide. All in will be at 16:00 with all out at 20:00.

Booking on will be in the Mersey Road car park from 15:00 until 15:30.

As with the last match, this will be a PEGGED MATCH
2017 Species

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Re: Round 6 Preview - Otterspool Mersey Road - Sunday 8th January

Postby AndyJ » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:44 pm

All good Adam, will be fishing Sunday, but not the match as I'll be fishing with a guest. Good luck everyone....

Richie Fisher
Obsessed Poster

Postby Richie Fisher » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Have a feeling Bill and Heather's match is at same venue same time???
2018 Species
Dab Codling Whiting Poor Cod Flounder Bronze Whaler Shark Spotted Gully Shark Smoothhound Lesser Sand Shark Kabeljou Steenbraas Galjoen Elephant Fish Barbell

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:52 pm

Richie Fisher wrote:Have a feeling Bill and Heather's match is at same venue same time???

I have already spoke to Bill they are at Jericho lane by the anchor that's why we are at the Mersey Road stretch :thumbsup:
2017 Species

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:57 pm

AndyJ wrote:All good Adam, will be fishing Sunday, but not the match as I'll be fishing with a guest. Good luck everyone....

There`ll be spare pegs so maybe you could draw first and your mate could take the next peg along...plenty of room n pegs :love:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:10 am

Big Kev wrote:
AndyJ wrote:All good Adam, will be fishing Sunday, but not the match as I'll be fishing with a guest. Good luck everyone....

There`ll be spare pegs so maybe you could draw first and your mate could take the next peg along...plenty of room n pegs :love:

What Kev said Andy :thumbsup:
2017 Species

daley12
Obsessed Poster

Postby daley12 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:50 pm

will there be worm for sale adam?

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:17 pm

More flounder down at the Mersey road stretch usually and they can be right down the wall, Tight lines, I'm doing Bills top 30 think there will be a few decent cod out

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:58 pm

Adam Roper wrote:
Big Kev wrote:

What Kev said Andy :thumbsup:

Thanks Folks, but Gaz is fishing too, and he won't fish a pegged match..
So if there's 3 pegs, and possibly good pegs, that won't go down too well with the top runners in the League...
So we'll play it by ear, maybe take some spots after the draw, to give the top guys the fairest chance of hitting a good peg..
Thoughts folks? :think:

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:36 am

Adam has give you a solution Andy , Ask Gaz to compromise and all fish the match..... or don't and just fish at the ends of the pegged section.

I feel for Adam here as I had similar issues when I was beach captain at Sefton Sac. We always fished rovers in between boundaries but some anglers would insist on fishing on each other's shoulders leading to safety concerns , tangles and frayed tempers. Also everyone would race down to the known hotspots leading to the less speedy being at a disadvantage . I bowed to pressure from some of the anglers and introduced pegging where I could. Then the moaning started "This peg is snaggy" " I wanted to fish the other end" I want to fish with my mates"Etc Etc . So I went back to rovers.... and the moaning continued . And that's when I packed the job in and just went and fished opens . I realised I couldn't please everyone. Know Adam has obviously had people raising concerns about lads fishing to close and pegging will stop that. It's also probably got something to do with insurance and risk assessment for the insurance so I think we should support Adam / Wirral sea fishing /Blas in this.

Patriot
Super Poster

Postby Patriot » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:01 am

Adam's suggestion for pegging the promenade matches is a good idea. It gives everyone a chance of winning one of the events regardless whether they are top, middle or towards the bottom of the league table.

And let's not forget, one of the main attractions for me is the social aspect of fishing this league. Not just a question of fishing with mates, it's about meeting other anglers also. I've fished the big open and pegged matches for many years and eventually got fed up with the whole thing and i can understand where Steve Trish is coming from. I personally prefer both the format that Adam is running for the matches in both pegging prom matches and also the 2 fish thing. It's a bit of a twist from the norm and instead of whiting whiting whiting, it makes you think a bit more

My two pennerth anyway

So....is Brian/Adam doing any bait for this one?

:D :D
Only here for the cod!

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:12 pm

The stretch on Sunday has no hot spots that i`m aware of ,which is why i used that area,and Otterspool pub when i ran the league...some people complained that the Jericho lane stretch fishes better,and it does,but match fishing is about keeping the playing field as level as poss and the anglers who can get the best out of a mediocre stretch will win...
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod

davie495
Obsessed Poster

Postby davie495 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:27 am

Rules are rules. Adam set them, he runs it. That should be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu

2018 Species:[6] Cod, Ting, Dab, Huss, LSD, Flounder,

2017:[24]
2016:[14]

Return to “WSF Winter League 2016”