Round 5 Preview - Kinglake Road - Sunday 18th December

A series of matches run in a league format for "active site members" only, offering laid back introduction to match fishing.
Prescot Angling is kindly sponsoring this years league.

Moderator: spudgun

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Re: Round 5 Preview - Kinglake Road - Sunday 18th December

Postby Big Kev » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:01 pm

Loads of room on Maddocks Rd and non of the locals are inconvenienced,so have no grounds for complaint...
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.42416 ... 312!8i6656
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:25 pm

Big Kev wrote:Loads of room on Maddocks Rd and non of the locals are inconvenienced,so have no grounds for complaint...
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.42416 ... 312!8i6656

:thumbsup:
2017 Species

MickMac2

Postby MickMac2 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:23 pm

Sadly guys I will be unable to fish having broken my left arm. I will be in plaster for six weeks. New rod, try pod just sitting there looking at me. Absolutely gutted. Once mended I will be out with you guys again. It has been a pleasure fishing with you fine gents and good luck to you all.

Mick :roll:

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:28 pm

MickMac2 wrote:Sadly guys I will be unable to fish having broken my left arm. I will be in plaster for six weeks. New rod, try pod just sitting there looking at me. Absolutely gutted. Once mended I will be out with you guys again. It has been a pleasure fishing with you fine gents and good luck to you all.

Mick :roll:

Hope it wasn't ya drinking arm Mick. :doh:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB
Thats bang out of order !

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Trishy
Obsessed Poster

Postby Trishy » Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:16 pm

Sorry , cant make this one, too much to do. On the subject of pegging, i personally prefer it.I think its fair to say it takes a bit of local knowledge out of the equation but also test the angler. You have got to be prepared for whatever the peg throws at you ,if its snaggy you need your heavy line and snag free rigs, if the fish are far out, you need your casting skills and distance rigs, if it is totally devoid of fish you need your best excuses and a hamlet cigar! Over the course of the angling year the good and bad pegs even each other out and grade you as an angler. on another note , if its a rover you will always get some clown fishing too close to you, its a fact of life. one reason i prefer to get on the end of the venue. tight lines fellas

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:54 am

Trishy wrote:Sorry , cant make this one, too much to do. On the subject of pegging, i personally prefer it.I think its fair to say it takes a bit of local knowledge out of the equation but also test the angler. You have got to be prepared for whatever the peg throws at you ,if its snaggy you need your heavy line and snag free rigs, if the fish are far out, you need your casting skills and distance rigs, if it is totally devoid of fish you need your best excuses and a hamlet cigar! Over the course of the angling year the good and bad pegs even each other out and grade you as an angler. on another note , if its a rover you will always get some clown fishing too close to you, its a fact of life. one reason i prefer to get on the end of the venue. tight lines fellas

Wise words Ste. :thumbsup:
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Species--- Bass,ray,smoothhound,starry smoothhound,plaice,flounder,dab,LSD,huss,whiting,coddling,mackeral,pout,pollock.

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:38 pm

As previously stated I'm now confirming that Sunday's match will be pegged with a draw made at booking in to determine your peg for the match.
2017 Species

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:04 pm

Adam Roper wrote:As previously stated I'm now confirming that Sunday's match will be pegged with a draw made at booking in to determine your peg for the match.

Plenty of room for good spacing between anglers on this mark. 30 yds minimum would do the trick nicely.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

briden

Postby briden » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:50 pm

Sorry but I don't think its a good idea to fish a pegged match fishing this two fish only format.Unless the venue is even all the way through is all clean ground or all rough ground.The problem at the last comp was not enough Dab holding clean ground
which led to the overcrowding.Kingslake is a long stretch just set a minimum distance between rods,or if you still want to peg it just peg the clean ground as not every body likes fishing Snaggy ground.PS I do ,the outside of Holyhead breakwater ,and the swellies my two favorite venues.

Big Kev
The Masterful One

Postby Big Kev » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:19 pm

I was`nt aware of any rough ground on the Kingslake stretch....i thought it was all sand/mud making it a very fair match length. :think:
Species 2018...Dab...Whiting...Cod...bass...dogfish...flounder...plaice...thornback ray...smoothound ...turbot...small eyed ray

Steve Duffy
has crabs

Postby Steve Duffy » Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:35 pm

Big Kev wrote:I was`nt aware of any rough ground on the Kingslake stretch....i thought it was all sand/mud making it a very fair match length. :think:

Up the left hand side it is a bit rocky but not for too far out.
http://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/hom ... .4/zoom:18

Click on link and then reduce pic. Can't do tech things.
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F
AGNB

Adam Roper
Obsessed Poster

Postby Adam Roper » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:39 am

briden wrote:Sorry but I don't think its a good idea to fish a pegged match fishing this two fish only format.Unless the venue is even all the way through is all clean ground or all rough ground.The problem at the last comp was not enough Dab holding clean ground
which led to the overcrowding.Kingslake is a long stretch just set a minimum distance between rods,or if you still want to peg it just peg the clean ground as not every body likes fishing Snaggy ground.PS I do ,the outside of Holyhead breakwater ,and the swellies my two favorite venues.

Thanks Dad :doh:
2017 Species

Dyl
Obsessed Poster

Postby Dyl » Sat Dec 17, 2016 9:01 am

Adam Roper wrote:
briden wrote:Sorry but I don't think its a good idea to fish a pegged match fishing this two fish only format.Unless the venue is even all the way through is all clean ground or all rough ground.The problem at the last comp was not enough Dab holding clean ground

Thanks Dad :doh:

Your the boss Adam :thumbsup:
2017 Bass 2.7lbs / S Hound 11.8lbs
2018 Huss 9.15lbs :doh:

zippie01
Obsessed Poster

Postby zippie01 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:26 pm

I don't mind pegged or not as long as respect is given to fellow anglers with regards to spacing :thumbsup:

Also just for info, Phoenix have a match at kingslake tomorrow morning too :cry:
2017:Whiting,Codling,Dab

AndyJ
WSF STUNT MAN

Postby AndyJ » Sat Dec 17, 2016 6:28 pm

And I bet it will start before the WSF Match!!!

Return to “WSF Winter League 2016”